By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 has reached graphics limit on X360

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/206977/xbox-360-approaching-graphics-limit-says-gears-2-producer/

As expected, the Xbox 360 is slowing on the "wow" graphics factor as the console makes it over the hill.

This might be as purty as she gets, boys.

"We're certainly approaching the upper end of [Xbox 360 graphics]," said Gears of War 2 producer Rod Fergusson, in an interview with Gamasutra last week. "But just looking at all the [PAX} demos we saw today -- ours and others -- it's clear that all the games just keep improving, and keep pushing that bar."

Historically, consoles reach their graphics potential near the middle to end of their five-year life expectancy. The Xbox 360 will celebrate its third year on the market this November.

But that doesn't mean Xbox 360 owners can no longer expect graphical flourishes in the coming years. Says Fergusson, "There will be games in development that won't ship until 2010, and I'm sure they'll look killer... I still think there's room to grow."

Around the Network

This will end well

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

You must really hate Xbox 360?

lol

But both consoles are hitting there graphical achievements,but PS3 will age slower simply cause they got SPE for SOME graphical power.

troll title. not what article says.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

LMFAO "PS3 is godlike. This kitty is godlike." WTF

i wouldnt be suprised if the 360 completly vanished the next 18 months

Around the Network

Why post a thread title that isn't supported by the article?

Producer: Gears of War 2 is approaching graphical limits of X360.
That is the official title of the article. I put a starcraft spin on the title. Starcraft does this sort of thing all the time.

Trolling already...It's early in the morning and I wake up to this...lol
It's clearly the article states that the Xbox 360 still has some graphic power left to tap into. You made it seem like that the developer used up all the graphic power.

Rock-on you fail hard...

Yeaa like said in other post by Rock_on_2008, pro market analyst, the PS3 is the futur ... 21 Millions owner of XBOX 360 are fooled everyday by playing this nonsense plateform.

Praise the lord, they will find redemption in buying a PS3 and join the sect of the "Lifeless geeks - Brainwashed by SOny Marketing" :)

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Producer: Gears of War 2 is approaching graphical limits of X360.
That is the official title of the article. I put a starcraft spin on the title. Starcraft does this sort of thing all the time.

Rock_on_2008

The PS3 is near its graphical limits as well,It may age slower cause of Blue-Ray and the SPE can be used for SOME graphical power but not much,and if they did use the SPE's it would take some of the CPU power away.