By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Win Half-Life 2 Contest

Last month I was at a large sponsored LAN. One of the things handed out to attendees was a ticket with a key on it to unlock Half-Life 2 and Episode One on Steam. I already have these 2 games. So does everyone I've asked who wants it. This leaves me with what is essentially an unused game, and I thought it could be interesting to give it to someone over the forum. Now hopefully this isn't against the rules or some sort of law. If it is, then I'm afraid I'll have to comply with shutting it down. Now I was trying to figure out how to determine who would get it. My thought is this, I will specify a time that I will post the key, and the first person to be able to input it into Steam will obviously be the winner. Does this seem reasonable to people? I am open to other possible suggestions. For the time I would specify, I would tell you my time zone and what time it would be. It would be your responsibility to figure out when that is for you.

Around the Network

What a charity!

People, this game is AMAZING!

And don't worry if your computer isn't that great...HL2 is great even with crappy PCs. The Source engine is designed to work well on old computers, but still look amazing on high-end PCs.

Anyway...I already have it, so good luck with all that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Woow, cool post, there should be more topics like this ;)

I'll be look for it :D

Really? No one else is interested?

They're console gamers...they see a game like Spore and say "puh"

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
They're console gamers...they see a game like Spore and say "puh"

Heh, Spore was confirmed for coming to the DS, wasn't it? But I know what you mean. About half the people I 

know around here play both (or any) kinds of games though.

I love PC games because of their flexibility. They have much more replay value since you can modify most of them, and their graphics are adjustable to provide the smoothest experience possible. Console games are too restricted.

I've already got HL2 but not EP1, so I'd be interested in EP1 anyway. I knew there was a reason I was putting off buying it. :)

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

By the way, I think this is the best way to decide who gets the copy.

http://www.cubetoons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=123&Itemid=38

Cursayer2 said:
By the way, I think this is the best way to decide who gets the copy.

http://www.cubetoons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=123&Itemid=38
If only I could get everyone together in one location, but that'd be too expensive.