By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BioShock PC Hardware Requirements Revealed

On the fence about which version of BioShock you'll be picking up? It's inevitable that you'll purchase the thing, believe me, it's just a question of whether your PC is up to the processing challenge. My underpowered PC doesn't quite make the cut, hovering right around the minimum system requirements which is wholly unacceptable, so it's going to be the Xbox 360 version—or, possibly, the PLAYSTATION 3 version, should 2K Games announce such a thing. Gamers looking to finalize their NewEgg orders, however, will want to read on to see what BioShock needs and wants from a hardware set up.

Operating Systems: Windows XP (with Service Pack 2) orWindows Vista

Minimum System Requirements:
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor
System RAM: 1GB
Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
Sound Card: 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
Hard disk space: 8GB free space

Recommended System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
System RAM: 2GB
Video card:
DX9: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better)
DX10: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
Sound Card: Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

Important Note: Game requires Internet connection for activation

So... do you make the cut?

Finalized PC Specs are here! [The Cult of Rapture forums, via IGN

http://kotaku.com/gaming/stickershock/bioshock-pc-hardware-requirements-revealed-276512.php

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

unfortunately i dont make the cut either so it looks like the 360 version for me...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

My laptop meet the minimum and some of the recommended requirements. Since I am using DX9 (I won't use DX10 for quite a while, since there's literally no graphic card in existence that can actually work with DX10 without severe lag ), my graphic card itself is still somewhat lacking, since I have a GeForce Go 7300, which is 256 MB, and I am not sure about the sound card. Everything else I get meet the recommended requirements.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

wow... interesting... internet connection required for activation? I've never heard of such a thing...

That's quite the anti-piracy measure. I've always wondered how long it would take to do this.

I'm sure someone will release a work around patch... They have for steam games...

Of course I'm going to buy the game though - I'm not a pirate. Such well-made games as these definantly need to be purchased.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

I don't currently make the cut...I'm building a new PC this summer though.  My current PC was average when I built it 4 years ago.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I have 2 computers that can handle it

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Avalach21 said:
wow... interesting... internet connection required for activation? I've never heard of such a thing...

That's quite the anti-piracy measure. I've always wondered how long it would take to do this.

I'm sure someone will release a work around patch... They have for steam games...

Of course I'm going to buy the game though - I'm not a pirate. Such well-made games as these definantly need to be purchased.

Didn`t Half Life 2 required Internet Connection Too?

BTW My PC meet the minimum requirements, but definitely Im going to build a new one to match the Recomended Ones...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I've cleared those hurdles, no problem. Looking forward to playing this on my PC.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I don't make the cut right now, but I will after my new PC is finished :)

Avalach21 said:

Uh...welcome to the past 7 years or so...

And screw pirates...that's one reason I like Steam...it's basically pirate-proof.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )