By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Harvest Moon: IoH

So.. I just bought Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, and, well, I really like the game.

A lot better crop system, interesting personages, better graphics etc.. I didn't like Harvest Moon DS, it's just.. Harvest Moon DS could be a GBA game. And damn, I just hated that stupid glitch. The one, that you will get 1billion. I won't tell the glitch here, for people who are maybe playing Harvest Moon DS, but I think a lot owners of HM:DS do know the glitch.. So annoying.

Ok, enough about that. What do you all think about HM:IoH? I've only played for, like, 4 hours.. And I still like it. What about you?

And another question.. What are the WiFi options? I do have a Nintendo WiFi connection stick, but my friend just borrowed it. If the online options are cool, I will just get it back. I heard something about Animall Crossing like online multiplayer; one player can come on your farm. I don't believe this one, because I haven't seen any people who where exchanging friend codes. I thought something about submitting your farm rank. And there was something about winning a price with it?

Thanks for the help =D

Around the Network

I didn't even know this game existed. My wife and I loved Harvest Moon DS and were terribly addicted to it for like a year. I only stopped playing the game when I got Rune Facory. Would you recommend this if I have already played Harvest Moon DS to death? I looked at a video and it didn't seem different at all.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Are you sure you saw a good movie? Because the graphics are 3D now, and that really looks different.

I would recommend you the game, but you said you played HM:DS to death.. And, well, do you like farming and all the HM:DS stuff? Then I will recommend you this game, for sure. It's much the same, but better. Especially farming. It's a bit harder now(the whole game). You are using your stylus for the whole game. In the beginning it'll be a bit annoying, but after a little while, the controls are ok. And it's really lively in the game now, especially when you have almost completed the game. The goal isn't to collect harvest sprites, but to collect people. And it's fun. It works much like HM:DS, things like sell 100 crops and a farmer will come in. In the end of the game, it'll be really fun, because there will be more then 90 people on the island.

So.. I'm actually recommending the game to you =)

Anyone knows something about the WiFi?

Senrii said:

I would recommend you the game, but you said you played HM:DS to death.. And, well, do you like farming and all the HM:DS stuff? Then I will recommend you this game, for sure. It's much the same, but better. Especially farming. It's a bit harder now(the whole game). You are using your stylus for the whole game. In the beginning it'll be a bit annoying, but after a little while, the controls are ok. And it's really lively in the game now, especially when you have almost completed the game. The goal isn't to collect harvest sprites, but to collect people. And it's fun. It works much like HM:DS, things like sell 100 crops and a farmer will come in. In the end of the game, it'll be really fun, because there will be more then 90 people on the island.

So.. I'm actually recommending the game to you =)

Anyone knows something about the WiFi?

Yes that's the video I saw.

I definitely like the Harvest Moon concept.  Was addicted to the one on Gamecube and addicted to the original DS version.  I will get this one on your recommendation. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I could've sworn the Wii HM game was supposed to come out at the same time but haven't seen anything on it.

Around the Network

@DKII, yes, I thought that too. I saw it on a IGN release list, and it was scheduled for August. But it has been pushed back to September 16.
@tuoyo, good for you =) I really hope you'll like the game. It's very addictive, and, well, I got a lot of schoolwork too. So, I always have to choose: HM or schoolwork. Not very hard though.