By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

sieanr said:
outlawauron said:
wow. I don't think any one thought itd be at number 1 right now.

Warhawk

8 Free Blu-ray movies :) though I am sure Warhawk helped some. If warhawk was in the top 10 ten I would think it helped more.  It is nice to see it on top though as it shows it is selling even if it is not for gaming.

Around the Network
elnino334 said:
sieanr said:
outlawauron said:
wow. I don't think any one thought itd be at number 1 right now.

Warhawk

8 Free Blu-ray movies :) though I am sure Warhawk helped some. If warhawk was in the top 10 ten I would think it helped more. It is nice to see it on top though as it shows it is selling even if it is not for gaming.

they might have increased the number of movies but lowered the amount of time to take advantage of the offer by 7 days. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

warhawk can be dl on the PSN too
a part of the PS3 users that want warhawk will dl it on the PSN (that is not counted on amazon.com ;))

I believe there is no BIG differences between rank 1-20, it is why PS3 60gb was able to catch the position 1 so quickly/easly

Time to Work !

I would say it is becouse of the movies. When Madden was released I think it got even on 3rd place but didn't help PS3 place that much. As Warhawk is on about 20th place it probably helped even less. Even if there are some people which buy PS3 to download Warhawk.
I think that between first place and 20th is at least 1 to 3. And it is easy to catch becouse Amazon tracks very short period of time.

You get 8 movies and it's price is cheaper on amazon. $472 at check out, no tax, no shipping.

Around the Network

(10:44pm EST)

2. PS3 60GB
12. SixAxiS
26. Warhawk
27. BR Remote
60. Tiger Woods 08
61. Madden 08
62. Resistance
77. PS3 80GB

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

its truly awesome to see the 80GB model in the top 100 finally.

Wow can't believe ps3 is at number 2 again :) great to see. I guess the 360 price cut is not so good... so only hope is Halo?

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

(12:07 am EST)

2. PS3 60GB
13. SixAxiS
25. BR Remote
26. Warhawk
56. Madden 08
58. Tiger Woods 08
61. Resistance
74. PS3 80GB
81. Sigma
90. GRAW2

I assume Amazon only rates items sold on Amazon. If this is true, then it's not a good guage of console strength. A couple of months ago, I wanted to buy a Wii. I went to Amazon, and all I could find was $500.00 bundles for my $250.00 system. I REALLY wanted the Wii, but I (like many consumers) couldn't see buying $250.00 of stuff I didn't really want just so I could get the one thing I wanted to buy. I wound up driving four counties away and buying my Wii at retail. If Amazon sold each system at MSRP , I would consider them a valid source. As it is, it's just one site's info. It doesn't truly reflect anything in the industry.