By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:
Its has really maintained well.

Sony better see this, and think what a 399 price would do.

They know what a $399.99 price will do, the ps3 isnt there first console, besides why drop the price when it has maintained itself at a great pace.

Iam thinking more Nov 07 or Jan 08 also World wide cut, Pal territiories are paying with their blood.

Around the Network
Killzone3 said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:

They know what a $399.99 price will do, the ps3 isnt there first console, besides why drop the price when it has maintained itself at a great pace.

Iam thinking more Nov 07 or Jan 08 also World wide cut, Pal territiories are paying with their blood.

If not this year expect it to drop to $399.99 in march, history has it that sony has dropped the price of everyone of there systems in the month of march.

mM
Killzone3 said:

I agree a $399 price point would sell, but I am yet to be convinced that Sony execs see anything other than their wallets bleeding when they think of a $399 price point (true of any exec really...).  

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
Killzone3 said:

I agree a $399 price point would sell, but I am yet to be convinced that Sony execs see anything other than their wallets bleeding when they think of a $399 price point (true of any exec really...).

Rumor is Kaz had to fight Sony corp for the 499 60gb PS3 price.

Once 65 nano Cell and RSx are in the PS3, price cut is for damn sure.

leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:

I'd be careful forcing conclusions about PS3's 'pace' from one source of data like Amazon's top seller's list over a period of several weeks.

Around the Network
Starscream said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:

I'd be careful forcing conclusions about PS3's 'pace' from one source of data like Amazon's top seller's list over a period of several weeks.

Except the overall sales in the US have maintained for the same time as well, just check the charts (that's the point of this site you know).

1st week- 51,000
2nd week- 45,000
3rd week- 43,500

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

2. PS3 - 60GB
3. Sixaxis
15. remote
27. Madden 08
47. resistance
73. NGS
83. R6: Vegas
91. Memory card apapter

316. PS3 - 80GB

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ckmlb said:
Starscream said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:

Except the overall sales in the US have maintained for the same time as well, just check the charts (that's the point of this site you know).

1st week- 51,000
2nd week- 45,000
3rd week- 43,500

Really?  I thought the point of this site was so fanboys could divine from several weeks of sales data.  :p

How does three weeks of sales figures serve as a basis for concluding that the PS3 (or any product) has "maintained well" or has kept a "great pace"?

Starscream said:
ckmlb said:
Starscream said:
leo-j said:
Killzone3 said:

1st week- 51,000
2nd week- 45,000
3rd week- 43,500

Really? I thought the point of this site was so fanboys could divine from several weeks of sales data. :p

How does three weeks of sales figures serve as a basis for concluding that the PS3 (or any product) has "maintained well" or has kept a "great pace"?

Because it shows a longer trend than just a one-week spike.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Since: 8:55PM PST 08/05/07

Now: 6:49PM PST 08/06/07

2) PS3 (Up 1)
3) Controller (Up 1)
13) BR remote (Same)
28) Madden (Up 5)
49) Resistance (Up 1)
66) Ninja Gaiden (Down 1)
75) Rainbow Six Vegas (New!)
78) Memory Card adapter (Same)

251) 80GB PS3 (Up 35)