By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

Killzone3 said:
clandecyon said:
You people are silly. It only gets to number 1 because Wii is sells out so fast.

LOL

its not sales, its ORDERS. Does not matter if its sold out.

I can't find where they say what it is, you have a link to where the explain it?

In any case, I think most people realize the Wii is not readily available yet and don't bother ordering it online since their best chance is probably local stores on sunday.   Aside from all of that, the Wii is at number 1 for the time being...although I doubt it will last long.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Killzone3 said:
clandecyon said:
You people are silly. It only gets to number 1 because Wii is sells out so fast.

LOL

It doesn't matter for the PS3, but it does for the Wii. You can't take pre-orders on the Wii.

Although I agree that guy was trolling, Killzone.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Since 9:55PM PST 08/02/07

Now: 12:41 PST 08/03/07

2) PS3 (Same)
7) Controller (Same)
12) BR remote (Up 2)
31) Madden (Up 8)
49) Ninja Gaiden (Up 1)
54) Resistance (Up 1)
69) Lair (Down 9)
87) Memory Card adapter (Down 1)
95) NCAA Footbal 08 (Down 9)
Rainbox Six Vegas (Off the List)

80GB at Rank 398 (Down 82)

Killzone3 said:
clandecyon said:

LOL

I order things all the time from Amazon. You cannot click that little button on the side that says "Add to my cart" whenever a system is sold out on Amazon. It is as if Amazon is no longer selling it. So it doesn't sell or get a single order for the item. OF COURSE PS3 is going to pass Wii up when there is ALWAYS PS3s available thanks to its inflated stock. Those that do not see that are completely ignorant. Go look! You can buy PS3's right now, but not Wii's. OF COURSE it is going to sell more like this.

The fact that Wii can even keep a #2 position with having depleted stock is incredible, but it even stays at #1 surprisingly. As soon as it gets stock, it is sold out within hours. You people posting about "oh wow Ps3 #2 this hour" on ONE selling location under these conditions, is completely stupid. Sure its exciting that PS3 is garnering more sales since the price cut for those Sony fans, but this thread is blind to the actual situation. There is a REASON why this phenomenon is happening and it isn't because PS3 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Wii isn't even targeted specifically to those who know everything about ONLINE and internet yet it is selling out on most online retailers. This says more then your little praises. Wii should be more sold out in stores where parents, elderly, and non techi people are most comfortable purchasing. Wal-mart for instance. Yet no, it sells out within hours on Amazon which should have more stock than most Online retailers.

PS3 has not gone out of stock ONCE since Christmas. For it to be #1 even despite the Wii selling out means that it has a HUGE surplus of stock that needs to be cleaned out. When it finally sells out and still holds a #1 position, THEN you can start to brag every hour, but until then you people are just deluding yourself and it is very very sad to see you hope so much for something that is showing such little promise going into the holidays. I hope this holiday gives you fans something to smile about. I really do, but what you are doing right now with this "every hour" thing is very stupid.

"every hour?" If the PS3 sells 10 PS3's over a 3 day span and Wii cannot sell even one because it is sold out, then PS3 is #1 again! Woo! stupid.

Trolling is intended to cause flames and arguments.

NO, I am NOT trolling. I am being logical and realistic, trying to knock some sense into you. You don't see it because you are most likely one of those people who is easily swayed by others, but I stand up for what I know is true and this is ridiculous. Everyone with half a mind who sees you people doing this would probably also think it was ridiculous. Now I have said what needed to be said. If you want to continue doing this "every hour praise" in vain, then that is up to you. It is like when someone is telling jokes after coming out of the bathroom with a huge wad of toilet paper stuck to their butt. Everyone is laughing, not at the jokes you are telling, but the toilet paper. I am trying to take that toilet paper away and THEN see if your jokes are funny. I would think you would appreciate that, however taboo it is to tell someone they have toilet paper on them.

If anybody can substantiate something that shines another light on this situation that is LOGICAL and FACT based, then please feel free. I don't mind accepting new input and admitting to being wrong if there is a reason to.

Since: 4:11PM PST 08/03/07

Now: 6:24PM PST 08/03/07 

3) PS3 (Same)
4) Controller (Same)
11) BR remote (Up 1)
39) Madden (Same)
42) Resistance (Down 1)
54) Ninja Gaiden (Up 2)
64) NCAA Footbal 08 (Same)
71) Memory Card adapter (Up 4)

75) Rainbow Six: Vegas (New!) 

101) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Off The List)

118) Lair (Off the List) 

463) 80GB PS3 (Down 27)

Around the Network

4) PS3 (Down 1)
5) Controller (Down 1)
14) BR remote (Down 3)
32) Madden (Up 7)
49) Resistance (Down 7)
61) Ninja Gaiden (Down 7)
65) Memory Card adapter (Up 6)
68) NCAA Footbal 08 (Down 4)
80) Rainbow Six: Vegas (Down 5)

508) 80GB PS3 (Down 45)

*Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii now number 3

sexybeast said:

4) PS3 (Down 1)
5) Controller (Down 1)
14) BR remote (Down 3)
32) Madden (Up 7)
49) Resistance (Down 7)
61) Ninja Gaiden (Down 7)
65) Memory Card adapter (Up 6)
68) NCAA Footbal 08 (Down 4)
80) Rainbow Six: Vegas (Down 5)

508) 80GB PS3 (Down 45)

*Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii now number 3

I need more people to buy PS3's so there are more people to kill me in Warhawk... and GHiii (Get it?) is going to be a all-out recockulously ludicrous crazy commercial phenomenon.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Since: 6:24PM PST 08/03/07

Now 8:55PM PST 08/05/07

3) PS3 (Up 1)
4) Controller (Up 1)
13) BR remote (Up 1)
33) Madden (Down 1)
50) Resistance (Down 1)
65) Ninja Gaiden (Down 4)
78) Memory Card adapter (Down 13)

68) NCAA Footbal 08 (Off The List)
80) Rainbow Six: Vegas (Off The List)

286) 80GB PS3 (Up 222)

Prediction Warhawk, Lair and Heavenly Sword in Top 100 by September 12th. Dunno about Warhawk too much.

Its has really maintained well.

Sony better see this, and think what a 399 price would do.

Killzone3 said:
Its has really maintained well.

Sony better see this, and think what a 399 price would do.

They know what a $399.99 price will do, the ps3 isnt there first console, besides why drop the price when it has maintained itself at a great pace.

mM