11) BR remote
44) Resistance
50) Lair
52) Ninja Gaiden
57) Madden
100) The Darkness

7/31/07 - 4:40pm

Around the Network

so the Wii is stopping the PS3 from getting #1 ?

Wow ,its titans clash between Wii and PS3 at number 1 and 2 respectively .

I have been tracking amazon since the PS3 launch ,even before to tell the truth .

The amazon sales cant measure very well sales of the systems ,I mean if one console is 14 and the other 21 or 25 it is nearly impossible to tell if it is outselling it barely or by a great degree .

But ,the games that are usually in the first places in amazon are the ones that we have in the NPD charts as the more sold ,and if a console consistently is above the other in amazon then in the NPD data it is above as well .

It is indicative ,although not definitive and doesnt allow us to build comparative numbers about if some item is outselling another by 10% or 35% .

@llewdebkram

On Amazon and in real life. I could start a thread about how the Wii has been #1 for more than 100 days through out the year, but I'll allow PS3 this short-term recognition.

Must be because the wii is down to $325 right now. Only $75 over MSRP. Lowest I seen it in awhile, besides for the very brief times that Amazon has it in stock directly.

Around the Network

We get that Amazon is just one sales place out of many, but we saw that it was a good indicator when the PS3 sales went up and when they stayed fairly similar the second week.

If it's still saying on the same levels on Amazon, it's not too far fetched to think PS3 sales are pretty similar last week to the two weeks before, but it's only a guesstimation.

I think PS3 doing less than 40k the week ending last Sunday in the US would be a slight disappointment.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

^So, under 40k for the data we get today for last week is disappointment? Noted.

DonWii said:

@llewdebkram

On Amazon and in real life. I could start a thread about how the Wii has been #1 for more than 100 days through out the year, but I'll allow PS3 this short-term recognition.

You can start whatever thread you want. 

PS3 fans can also be happy about having their console #1 or #2 or whatever on Amazon. They don't NEED you to "allow" this recognition. Let them be.

Ok... I SHALL LET them be.

New hour!

2) PS3 (Same)
6) Controller (Same)
12) BR remote (Down 1)
43) Resistance (Up 1)
46) Ninja Gaiden (Up 6)
48) Lair (Up 2)
57) Madden (Same)

The Darkness drops out of the top 100. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus I'm bored.