By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

First of all, The PS3 is still selling amazingly well on Amazon.

Second. Bah. That's all I gotta say... it's like the 3rd time I've said it tho. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

PS3 dethroned by Wii.

1 - Wii

2 - Nunchuk

3 - PS3

6 - SixAxis

12 - BR Remote

36 - Resistance

59 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma

60 - NCCA Football 08

70 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

90 - Darkness

97 - Oblivion

kber81 said:

PS3 dethroned by Wii.

1 - Wii

2 - Nunchuk

3 - PS3

Don't worry, amazon is not an indicator of anything. 

LOL windbane,

for the wii there is written :

"Available from these sellers." and not "in stock" ????????

Time to Work !

windbane said:
kber81 said:

PS3 dethroned by Wii.

1 - Wii

2 - Nunchuk

3 - PS3

Don't worry, amazon is not an indicator of anything.

Wait I thought you said it wa...

Oooh, Sarcasm! Sorry, missed that there for a second. 

Around the Network

It's been second before, the order changes.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

roadkillers said:
How much does Amazon count for? Wal-mart counts 25% on video game sales how much does Amazon?

A tiny, tiny fraction. It is *nothing* close to Walmart.  

How is the Sold-out Wii doing on Amazon?  Will it retain it's #1 status until it gets another shipment?  Watching this drama is like watching a rabbit that can only run once a week and a turtle that is determined and very, very slow trying to get ahead of that rabbit.

Amazon Japan has proven worthless in predicting actual sales in the past. I wouldn't put too much weight on those numbers. NPD numbers will end the debate...

As far as all the "sold out" anecdotal evidence I keep hearing about on the new PS3, it must be in some other market. Here in Austin, TX, the PS3 is still everywhere. I did quite a bit of shopping this weekend and Walmart, Target, Gamestop and Sams Club had plenty -- especially Sams. They had stacks of those card thingys...

I'm still hoping that Sony moves the cost curve down faster than any console in history as I'd like to have one at some point. An HDTV has to come first, though, as the Blue Ray disk is worthless to me without one.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Looks like the PS3 is being outsold again by an item that is "out of stock" and only currently available from other retailers at a premium of around $100.

I fail to see how this is an indication of Sony's success. Nor do I understand the value in tracking Amazon.com to begin with.

Well Wii did sell more then the PS3 and the Wii is number one on the chart so it kind of is indication on how its doing. Before the price drop most of the time it wouldnt even be in the top 25. So I think it is indication on how its doing.

PS: I bought a PS3 off amazon yesturday.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e