By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Currently #1 on Amazon

kber81 said:
In Poland Microsoft prepares to fight back against Sony's promotion. Right now we have (Media Markt) X360 + extra controller + 2 games (Forza, PGR3) for 1699 zł - $620 (X360 costs 1599 zł - $580). No sign of new bundled PS3's so far.

Are you sure that's Microsoft and not the retailers themselves doing bundles? There are many X360 bundles all over Europe.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Are you sure that's Microsoft and not the retailers themselves doing bundles? There are many X360 bundles all over Europe.

No. I'm not sure but I think it's too close to Sony's offer to treat it as only MM promotion.

I see Amazon has removed the free Blu-Ray movie and remote controller. It's just the basic $499 for the console now. Although the 5 free Blu-Ray movies offer still applies I think. So think the sales will slow down considerably now for Amazon.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

davygee said:
I see Amazon has removed the free Blu-Ray movie and remote controller. It's just the basic $499 for the console now. Although the 5 free Blu-Ray movies offer still applies I think. So think the sales will slow down considerably now for Amazon.

I don't think so.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Only 67 left...

Around the Network

Update:
ps3 #1(1 week)
wii #3 (2 days)
360 #18

If there data is correct they have sold almost 5,000 units in one week.

mM

If every company that sells PS3s sold 5000 over the week how many would that be....alot more than last week.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

mitsuhide said:
If every company that sells PS3s sold 5000 over the week how many would that be....alot more than last week.

I would say the PS3 sold about 150 from July1 to July7. at Amazon.com

That gives them a little less than 1% market share. The fact Amazon.com has been selling 250-1000/day since the price drop. I would say amazon.com has sold at least 1500-3000. (low-ball figures) Add that 1% market share. That is anywhere from 150,000 to over 300,000 in the one week. If Amazon.com holds the same market share as they have.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad said:
mitsuhide said:

That gives them a little less than 1% market share. The fact Amazon.com has been selling 250-1000/day since the price drop. I would say amazon.com has sold at least 1500-3000. (low-ball figures) Add that 1% market share. That is anywhere from 150,000 to over 300,000 in the one week. If Amazon.com holds the same market share as they have.

You're being ridiculously optimistic and failing to consider that Amazon has one of the best bundles available so many people "in the know" on Internet forums are ordering PS3s finally.  Joe public isn't even aware of a price drop -- I have a friend named Joe, in fact, who went to buy a PS3 and was put-off because it cost $500.  He didn't realize it was a "good deal" and, despite being interested in having a BD player, he does refused to buy it.

Sony will be *very* lucky to get 200,000 sales in North America for all of July.  Further, they'll be lucky to break 120,000 sales for North America for August.

TheBigFatJ said:
Kwaad said:
mitsuhide said:

You're being ridiculously optimistic and failing to consider that Amazon has one of the best bundles available so many people "in the know" on Internet forums are ordering PS3s finally.  Joe public isn't even aware of a price drop -- I have a friend named Joe, in fact, who went to buy a PS3 and was put-off because it cost $500.  He didn't realize it was a "good deal" and, despite being interested in having a BD player, he does refused to buy it.

Sony will be *very* lucky to get 200,000 sales in North America for all of July.  Further, they'll be lucky to break 120,000 sales for North America for August.

You'll be suprised of the sales this week

mM