By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game looks better, Gears of War 2 or Heavy Rain?

What game looks better, Gears of War 2 or Heavy Rain?

IMO Gears won the war between Gears 2 and Killzone 2, but which game do you think looks better out of the two?

Also, can you guys add pics, because I dont know how so we can compare.

Around the Network

Heavy Rain

Well lets see; Heavy Rain is a graphics and story based game without any real parts where you freely move or shot. Without good graphics it would fall flat. Gears is a squad based tactical shooter with flame throwers and giant monsters which you chainsaw to peices.

I'd say Heavy Rain, though its really only better in Facial expressions and body effects. Graphics are one thing these games can be compared with, though as Games they are incomparible. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

How'd Gears win against Killzone 2?

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Bobo012893 said:
How'd Gears win against Killzone 2?

Well, Killzone Graphics are great, but the clarity of the image looks better in Gears, plus Xbox has a thing for getting rid of those Jaggies a bit better

Around the Network

Has there been any in game footage of HR, cause I aint seen it.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Hey guys, what movie is better: Citizen Kane or This is Spinal Tap

Forget the fact that its like comparing apples and oranges.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I think this is in game as the PS3 can handle it.

Well they do have drastically different art styles…  though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

CDiablo said:
Has there been any in game footage of HR, cause I aint seen it.

Compare cut scenes then

Gears 2 barely beats Metal Gear and Uncharted let alone Killzone 2 and Heavy Rain.