By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Disaster : DOC NEW SCREENS

Looks ok…. But I hope the game play is really good too cover the bad graphics…

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

yea what the hell kber, i can find something amazing while you don't think so right?
it's my opinion, i think Resistance 2 looks horrendous for instance.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Even though they're holding the game back to give it some polish, I doubt very much that the graphics will be changed a whole lot and is that a bad thing? Hell no, as long as the gameplay is solid this game could become a successful Nintendo IP and I for one am hoping it can deliver what it has set out to do, be a great new action game for Nintendo.

Sooo many games, so little money. :(

This looks really poor. It looks like a low-res version of Resident Evil 4 for the PS2. Yes, most PS2 and GameCube games look better than this...

People here saying "well I still think it looks cool" would bash the game if it was coming from Capcom or Ubisoft. Yet when it's Nintendo it's acceptable.

It looks poor, there's just no denying.

Around the Network

Looks like a lot of varied gameplay. Could be fun. Wish we had a date for it but it's nice to finally get some more screen shots at least.

Chrizum said:
This looks really poor. It looks like a low-res version of Resident Evil 4 for the PS2. Yes, most PS2 and GameCube games look better than this...

People here saying "well I still think it looks cool" would bash the game if it was coming from Capcom or Ubisoft. Yet when it's Nintendo it's acceptable.

No one here is calling it a graphical masterpiece.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, people are looking forward to this game because it might play well. And maybe the shitty compression for that website, combined with the fact that all wii games screencap badly are obvious flaws that most people pick on very quickly.

Chrizum said:

I agree with that, it does look poor.. But like the Godfather I hope the gameplay out shines the visuals in a big way.

Chrizum said:

You're probably right, but this likely has something to do with the fact that Nintendo's rarely let Wii owners down so far. Even Mario Kart Wii (whose screens looked like a jaggy, early Gamecube game) wound up looking and playing great. In the end, Nintendo's earned a bit of faith, even if I admit I'm still a little hesitant regarding this game.

As for the screens, they look acceptable, even if they're far from mind-blowing.

theyre low res screens. chill

That safety thing just makes me think wtf, so part of the game includes "helping people" then shooting people. Well i guess its different

Worst graphics on that driving pic. Fukn awfull, no wonder that hasn't been seen yet

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.