By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Best Console To Date!

What, in your opinion (please don't insult other's choices), is the best console ever released so far and why? "Best" is very general, it can be anything from price to performance to 1st party titles, etc.

Oops- put this in sales discussion-sorry

Enjoy

Around the Network

Usually, when you make a thread like this, you give the question then answer yourself, and then it's our turn to do the same.

But whatever, I think it was the SNES, especially with the Donkey Kong Country bundle. The best and most memorable games appeared on this console, and a lot of new IPs were reinvented for the 16-bit era. It was awesome!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

The DS is imo the best console/handheld/gaming device. This is because it has a good number of games that I like at a pace that isn't too overwhelming or a drought. Also I think most genres benefited greatly from the Touch interface, and the online capabilities are nice as well. I also like how its library has a good balance between Single player focused, and Multiplayer focused games. Also my favorite genres are very popular on the DS(rpgs, action-adventures,etc). Not only this, but the DS has a good balance of First and Third party support imo. So yep the DS is my answer. It use to be the snes though. After the Snes it is probably the PS1, then N64.

Sorry, I've been a PC gamer all my life, so I'm not exactly in the position to say which was best. All I can say is "PC because it's easily upgradeable and has had backwards compatibility since its inception"

Enjoy

Around the Network

My vote goes to SNES for reasons which will be repeated again and again in this thread.Some of the best games of all times, RPG roster second to none,a huge library of quality games(imo if internet was active back then,SNES wouldve had the maximum no of games above 90% at meta and gamerankings).
And lets not forget timelessness. Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, SMW etc are some of the most re-playable games ever.

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

N64...just because

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

PS2. /Thread cease. lol. But seriously, just too many good games and memories. Too me it can only be PS2 or SNES from an objective pov, but this is subjective.

Still got a lot of love for my Atari 2600 !

Was there a video game console with swappable games up until this point ?

Dont think so..... twas the first and the followers shall worship at his feet.

Nintendo 64. Cannot understand how it lost to the PSX but whatever. Id play 64 games over anything else all the time.