By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Editorial: Nintendon't Care About Hardcore?

i love how exasperated(cant spell) nintendo sounds at the end

there like *sigh* ' look we have said this over and over again we are making games for expanded AND core audiences. weve never negleted them and wont do in the future. in the last couple of months we brought you two of our biggest core franchises smash brothers and mario kart. looking to the future we are not gunna talk about animal crossing as for some reason this is now casual; so instead we will talk about wario, a core franchise in a 2D platformer, something many fans have asked for. this game is releasing next month. also please note we are not the only developers for wii, look at the third party ttiles weve been talking about like cod5, lghtsabre duels, madworld and conduit

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

I have read the first few points. These are so laughable I could not read the rest. Nintendo has released more hardcore games for the wii than for the gamcube or nes. So the whole article based on ignorance.

Hey, I thought we all agreed that anything Nintendo put out doesn't sell 10M is a failure. So, I would agree with the OP on that stand.

PhalanxCO said:
If Rol were the only person to comment on this entire forum, I'd still read it. His sarcasm is so sharp I bet he could even fool himself.

In order to fool others. You must first believe in your own lies.

Just don't tell my woman I said that :)

Resident_Hazard said:
ItsaMii said:

Metroid Prime 3 was only about a million times easier than it's predecessors.  I don't think I died more than 3 times in that game, but spent most of MP1 and MP2 having my ass generously handed to me.  MP2 was so difficult at times that it was a year between my buying it and actually finishing it.  It frustrated me so badly that I stopped playing it for months at a time.

Someone didn't play on Hypermode...

Around the Network
madkiller said:
I, for one, agree with this article 100%. It amazes me how so many people keep defending Nintendo and its current line-up of games even though they are weak and casual.

Oh, and FYI, I have owned EVERY Nintendo console EVER released. This includes the Wii, which I traded it to get a PS3 metal gear bundle. I have supported Nintendo since 1985 with the original NES, but that time is over. I will never buy another Nintendo product EVER...

Sell-out.

vanguardian1 said:
Etech7 said:
Can anyone name three hardcore games for the wii?

By asking such a question, you're either being ignorant or sarcastic.   Care to say which?

I'm gonna guess ignorant. 

Seriously, even Ubi-Soft has released more than 3 hardcore games on the system.  They're not all of substantial quality, but they do exist  (No More Heroes FTW!).

Considering they have more hardcore games out then they did in GC / N64 era, i say Nintendo is doing just fine.

It's just that instead of Mario Zelda and Metroid we have Mario Metroid Zelda and Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii play. We have exactly what we want from Nintendo (and are getting more), but the presence of the last 3 games gives everyone the impression Nintendo is a casual company now, if you removed those 3 titles, nobody would be complaining.

ph4nt said:
Considering they have more hardcore games out then they did in GC / N64 era, i say Nintendo is doing just fine.

It's just that instead of Mario Zelda and Metroid we have Mario Metroid Zelda and Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Wii play. We have exactly what we want from Nintendo (and are getting more), but the presence of the last 3 games gives everyone the impression Nintendo is a casual company now, if you removed those 3 titles, nobody would be complaining.

I think the GameCube actually had way more than the Wii as it didn't really have any casual-like games, and there were quite a few niche titles on the system.