By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Little Big Planet "will be huge"? Crow eaters need to know what that means.

Alright so there are a few camps for little big planet. The ones that somehow work the phrase "LBP will be huge" into just about every post. Those that think it will be a flop, and those that thing it will be a relative failure.

To prevent later backpedaling and debate, why don't we just set up definitions for these things now.

What Constitutes "Huge"? 2.5mil? 4.00 mil? 6.00 mil? At what point is it "huge?" What is expected week 1 to constitute huge? Or is that even relevant? What about a month? Lifetime?

What is a flop? Less than 1.00 mil? Less than 2.00 mil? Less than 3.00 mil? What about initial week 1 sales? What makes it a flop after a month? Lifetime?

What is moderate, but a relative let down given the hype? 2.00 mil? 3 or 4 mil? What about initial sales after 1 week? 1 month? Lifetime?

You know there will be ten topics at launch claiming success or failure, and subsequent topics after that. When that happens we can bump this and shove crow down one anothers throats.

So pick your side (three are represented here) and define it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

There's no moderate success side that sees the game getting anywhere from 2-4 million sales in its lifetime, through long legs instead of a spectacular first week of sales. But that's my side.

I have up there various views for moderate. It doesn't have to be week 1, it could be month or lifetime. I put those stipulations on each.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I think the fanboy logic of flop will always prevail.

Oh but see....you said the three sides were: Huge, moderate failure, and flop.

I see myself as a "moderate success" type person.

I will think about what kind of first month sales I would expect and get back to you though. Out of my own personal curiosity, where do you stand?

Around the Network

Ah gotcha, I put "moderate failure" because by means of the fanboys anything moderate is failure. Most of the people saying it will be a moderate success don't really care too much about crow eating.

I don't really know or care how many it sell, I'm just buying it day 1 and having fun.

I expect it to sell well; 2-3 million lifetime.

The_vagabond7 said:
Ah gotcha, I put "moderate failure" because by means of the fanboys anything moderate is failure. Most of the people saying it will be a moderate success don't really care too much about crow eating.

I don't really know or care how many it sell, I'm just buying it day 1 and having fun.

Now that's a stance I can get behind.  You, me, and Bladeneo will have to play online sometime.

I suppose you're right on the first part as well.  I'm not really worried about crow eating, but it was fun to think about exact perameters for how much I think it would sell to be a success.

I will be pretty depressed if is doesn't crack 3 million but that's just because I want it to sell well.

I think it would be a flop if it doesn't sell 1 million, maybe 1.5??
between 1/1.5-2.5 moderate.
between 2.5-4 million great.
everything above 4 million huge succes?

I think that is will be a flop is doesn't pass 2 mil this fiscal. I see this being the title that new PS3 owners buy. Much like Uncharted and Resistance.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.