By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There is no more RRoD people...try to understand.

colonelstubbs said:
JaggedSac said:
colonelstubbs said:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080830175917AA0geHl

This link may make you cry

Its from yesterday, and the 360 has a falcon chip.

Im sorry

Hey stubbs, watch this.

My 360 w/Falcon just got RRoD this morning.  How do I go about getting a repair?

See how easy that was.  And it will probably show up in a google search.

Hey, im just pointing out he said a Falcon wont RRoD, and the one i linked to has. Dont shoot the messenger

LOL.  Just saying you should believe things on the internet as much as you would believe any news channel.

Around the Network
Stan85 said:
colonelstubbs said:
So there is no more RRoD? So when i hear a report of a case of RRoD its a lie?

Is this what you are saying?

I`m saying that a Falcon will not RRoD,and the new Jasper will...again...not RRoD.

That`s what i`m saying. I also said to get one this Xmass,but you have read what you wanted to.

And Colonelstubbs... I know you love your PS3...how i know is not important. You know that you ps3 blueray can give up on you,don`t you? There are plenty of complains on forums and youtube. So when i hear a report of a case of ps3 failure its a lie?

See? the blade cuts both ways. But keep your strong Microsoft hate in the Sony forums,please. Thank you.

Thers still RROD .. they simply reduced the RROD to 16 percent... congrats.. nice microsoft. .. saying it's a none issue is.. a little denial.

Check out my game about moles ^

Falcon overheating? you know what`s inside of a 360? It has a cooler on the GPU ,it can not overheat. Mine is not overheating,and it`s from october 2007. And only one source? how can i know it`s not a fanboy trying to say something bad about the Falcon? I can`t. You can`t.

If it makes you feel any better,the Jasper model will be safe. My Falcon is very cool,so i`m pleased about it.

And the Elite/Pro/Arcade are all the same internaly. Trust me,like i said,i know what`s inside,fanboys don`t.

The problem is that no matter how much microsoft reduce RROD there will still be people who will search the length and bredth of the internet to find cases that show that RROD still exists, RROD used to be a big weapon for a sony fanboy to use against a microsoft fanboy, but now its dying out so are thier RROD rants..... If a ps3 doesn't work (say due to it freezing or the laser not reading the disc) we hardly hear anything about it........ bottom line is this, RROD is nowhere near as bad as it was, yes, there are still the odd few that still get it but then again theres still ps3s that have problems.... and lastly, the more that go in for repair then the less frequently you will see RROD cases, Time to find another weapon sony fanboys...........

Stan85 said:
Falcon overheating? you know what`s inside of a 360? It has a cooler on the GPU ,it can not overheat. Mine is not overheating,and it`s from october 2007. And only one source? how can i know it`s not a fanboy trying to say something bad about the Falcon? I can`t. You can`t.

If it makes you feel any better,the Jasper model will be safe. My Falcon is very cool,so i`m pleased about it.

Just because there is a cooler doesn't mean that it can not overheat.

Around the Network

Seeing as i own both a Xbox 360 an a Ps3 , im now on my 3rd xbox 360 of which 2 had the RRod, the latter 1 was a farely recent model which had it, so i don't see this being feasable, an before you bash me as saying im a sony fanboy id to point out i think both consoles are fantastic pieces of hardware, microsoft just needs to put the RROD to bed once an for all

Staude said:
Stan85 said:
colonelstubbs said:

I`m saying that a Falcon will not RRoD,and the new Jasper will...again...not RRoD.

That`s what i`m saying. I also said to get one this Xmass,but you have read what you wanted to.

And Colonelstubbs... I know you love your PS3...how i know is not important. You know that you ps3 blueray can give up on you,don`t you? There are plenty of complains on forums and youtube. So when i hear a report of a case of ps3 failure its a lie?

See? the blade cuts both ways. But keep your strong Microsoft hate in the Sony forums,please. Thank you.

Thers still RROD .. they simply reduced the RROD to 16 percent... congrats.. nice microsoft. .. saying it's a none issue is.. a little denial.

I've said this for quiet some time, but everyone has their own opinions.

if your still worried about the RROD just void your warranty and place the 360 hardware into this case:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=261&cl_index=1&sc_index=35&ss_index=87

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Sephiroth357 said:
Staude said:
Stan85 said:
colonelstubbs said:

I've said this for quiet some time, but everyone has their own opinions.

I support 360 over PS3 but saying RROD is totally gone is BS.

ssj12 said:

if your still worried about the RROD just void your warranty and place the 360 hardware into this case:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=261&cl_index=1&sc_index=35&ss_index=87

That looks horrible how does it even work?

Also, while I do beleieve the Jasper will eliminate the RRoD problem. The falcon certainly didn't eliminate it, It greatly reduced it but there were still some people who got the RRoD with the Falcon Chip. One of my friends just bought a Xbox 360 4 months ago and he got an RRoD a week ago(which sucks since that means there's nothing to do at his birthday party T_T).  I'm guessing it was a Falcon since the Falcon was apprently implimented quite a while ago.