By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - There is no more RRoD people...try to understand.

RROD will never be gone because it's a signal that something is wrong with the hardware. However, overheating problems  have decreased severally with the falcon model. There always be some cases of falcons RROD, but you only have to take a look at some forums all over internet to see that the problem is far less important than 1 year ago, when cases popped non stop. In this post Sony biased people keep saying the problem is the same as before, but nearly all of them talk about "their friends 360" or make statements without any proof at all. If I have to talk about my experience, nearly all my friends with Xenon mobo, including mine, have had RROD but not any of falcon owners I know.

It can't be proved because we will never have official data, but I think less people posting everywhere their problems with the 360 means something.

PS3 is having problems with the blu ray drive, but it isn't as widespread as RROD. Anyway, cases of PS3 that stopped reading blu ray discs increase everyday. In Europe the problem is getting worst and technical services have even collapsed. Here in Spain, lots of people are reporting that problem, some newspapers talked about it because people had to wait 3 months to get their console back and Sony considers the warranty is only 1 year, when in Europe, 2 years warranty is mandatory for electronic products. I'll provide a link of a national newspaper talking about the issue, it even says that Sony only gives one year warranty (as I said that's no legal), but it's extending it because there are lots of people complaining.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/internet/fallo/lector/Blu-ray/dispara/reparaciones/PS3/Gb/elpeputec/20080805elpepunet_8/Tes

Some people are stating that all blu ray drives which discs don't insert spinning are doomed, this seems far from true, but the problem keeps spreading as PS3 catalogue is improving and people start to give full use to their console.

I talked about that because people think PS3 doesn't fail at all, and it's only the 360, but it looks like the 2 HD consoles are having their issues, 360 worse as we have seen, but we don't know where the blu ray drive problem will end.

Around the Network

I dont give shi about whats inside.
If its brakes while my ps3 still works,there is something wrong inside.
I bought with my room-mate xbox 20gig well I never played but after 2 months it went to Germany. It has been at there now 3 times.

Take my love, take my land..

Gazz said:
Stan85 said:
Jo21 said:
100% of my friends that tried to made get a 360 got rrod at least once.

and at least half after getting a "new" directly from m$, lastest was a month ago.

one managed to get his working so he says by letting it overheat with papel towel <<-- no idea if thats true

no i don't think it gone.

And i don`t think the consoles that MS is sending you back are going to last if they don`t have the 2`nd heatsink or are falcons,but that`s my opinion only.

I think this rrod problem is easy to understand.

Hey, aren't you the original poster that tryed and convince everyone that MS fixed the RROD issue and would never allow anymore corrupted units to hit the market? You changed your opinion in after just a few pages or are you on damage control or simply lying trough your teeth. I think the latter.

Stan85 on page 1...

"I`m saying that a Falcon will not RRoD,and the new Jasper will...again...not RRoD."

"Falcon overheating? you know what`s inside of a 360? It has a cooler on the GPU ,it can not overheat."

"If it makes you feel any better,the Jasper model will be safe."

Stan85 on page 3...

"Anyway,it`s natural for people to think that rrod still exists,but with the Jasper model,it will be in a very small percentage. Everything can break."

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Gotcha said:

PS3 is having problems with the blu ray drive, but it isn't as widespread as RROD. Anyway, cases of PS3 that stopped reading blu ray discs increase everyday. In Europe the problem is getting worst and technical services have even collapsed. Here in Spain, lots of people are reporting that problem, some newspapers talked about it because people had to wait 3 months to get their console back and Sony considers the warranty is only 1 year, when in Europe, 2 years warranty is mandatory for electronic products. I'll provide a link of a national newspaper talking about the issue, it even says that Sony only gives one year warranty (as I said that's no legal), but it's extending it because there are lots of people complaining.

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/internet/fallo/lector/Blu-ray/dispara/reparaciones/PS3/Gb/elpeputec/20080805elpepunet_8/Tes

Some people are stating that all blu ray drives which discs don't insert spinning are doomed, this seems far from true, but the problem keeps spreading as PS3 catalogue is improving and people start to give full use to their console.

I talked about that because people think PS3 doesn't fail at all, and it's only the 360, but it looks like the 2 HD consoles are having their issues, 360 worse as we have seen, but we don't know where the blu ray drive problem will end.

Kinda throws a spanner in the works of those 0.2-1% claims many people have been bandying about.

*Poke* *Poke* *Nudge* *Nudge*

Seriously a PS3 uses components that are packed in similar to a laptop with far more heat produced.

It uses 1st/2nd generation blu ray technology in its drives which means that the expected failure rate for said drives is gonna be higher than a normal DVD drive.

Yet people think its got a lower failure rate than a toaster or an electric jug?!

5% is the bare minimum I would accept as reasonable estimate.

Tease.

everyone keeps talking about the RROD like no other console has had anything like this before, may I take time out to remind everyone about the PS2. I went through 3 of those!!! Being a somewhat favorable towards Sony it never stopped me buying another one as angry as I got at Sony. MS has now made the same mistake and big deal if they have.

The RROD being eliminated or reduced is a great thing, but the problem with the disc scratching is messed up. Atleast with the PS2 the games were safe and u had to just fix the console . With games being destroyed due to a protective rubber (yeah i know how bad it sounds :p feel free to make puns) missing is a slap on the other side of the face :(

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Gotcha said:

PS3 is having problems with the blu ray drive, but it isn't as widespread as RROD. Anyway, cases of PS3 that stopped reading blu ray discs increase everyday. In Europe the problem is getting worst and technical services have even collapsed. Here in Spain, lots of people are reporting that problem, some newspapers talked about it because people had to wait 3 months to get their console back and Sony considers the warranty is only 1 year, when in Europe, 2 years warranty is mandatory for electronic products. I'll provide a link of a national newspaper talking about the issue, it even says that Sony only gives one year warranty (as I said that's no legal), but it's extending it because there are lots of people complaining.

Some people are stating that all blu ray drives which discs don't insert spinning are doomed, this seems far from true, but the problem keeps spreading as PS3 catalogue is improving and people start to give full use to their console.

I talked about that because people think PS3 doesn't fail at all, and it's only the 360, but it looks like the 2 HD consoles are having their issues, 360 worse as we have seen, but we don't know where the blu ray drive problem will end.

Kinda throws a spanner in the works of those 0.2-1% claims many people have been bandying about.

Seriously a PS3 uses components that are packed in similar to a laptop with far more heat produced.

It uses 1st/2nd generation blu ray technology in its drives which means that the expected failure rate for said drives is gonna be higher than a normal DVD drive.

Yet people think its got a lower failure rate than a toaster or an electric jug?!

Actually, my toaster has four slots and the right two don't work properly.

:)

My ps2 broke as well (after 7 years) and alot of ps2's broke.  But the ps2 never reached the failure rate of the 360.

Squilliam said:
Gotcha said:

It was speculated the failure ratio was between 10-15% but I've read many cases of people who had the same problem with the repaired unit so I don't know what to think. Gamers who have experienced the problem are really pissed cause they had to wait 3 months to get the console back and lots of them also lost the game that was inside the PS3 when they sent it to repair. Add to the cocktail mean teleoperators who have to lie a lot to their costumers and a payment phone number for the technical service.

Stan85 said:

@ Hippysnake -> I addmit it. Every single post of mine is BS. Feel better? Excellent.

Good boy. Addmit, is spelt admit, btw...

kjj4t9rdad said:

My ps2 broke as well (after 7 years) and alot of ps2's broke. But the ps2 never reached the failure rate of the 360.

My PS2 still works, got it at UK launch. Well, I say work, it's old and at my brothers and only plays games....but it can be turned on and plays games.

Hmm, pie.