By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comcastic 250 GB limit = Brick and Mortar Stores sales be steady

starcraft said:
Is this for an area or something? Or individual customers?

My download cap (and I do ok by Australian standards) is currently 12GB a month on a 1.5mbps connection.........

Wow, I can go through that in a week, and I don't even use torrents or anything. I'm not happy with the 250 GB cap, but I doubt I will ever reach it in a month.

Around the Network

I'm on dial up so i doubt i use 250GB a year LOL. And i was hearing that it's not a hard cap, they just limit you speed greatly if you exceed the cap, but I'm not sure.

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Nickelbackro said:
I'm on dial up so i doubt i use 250GB a year LOL. And i was hearing that it's not a hard cap, they just limit you speed greatly if you exceed the cap, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I believe they notify you of your usage and then throttle your speed.

I pay 90.00$ a month for internet and get 17gb cap every 30 days. I wish i could get 250gb a month.

Do NOT click on this link.

DO Click on this link.

I don't see it in the article, will it let me go over and bill me? Or am I just capped?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

I'm on a contract with my ISP, so at least until that contract runs out, they can't change my internet.

250GB/mo is a LOT, though. The vast majority of people will not use that up. I doubt it's much to worry about. Going lower, though, is a different story. If they take that to 150GB, then you may start seeing more "common" people having issues... but it still won't be too terrible.

Oh, and it's completely legal to set up limits. That's called capitalism.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Folks -- Comcast is being nailed because it is the industry leader and tried some "other methods" to control network traffic.

This cap is equal to 125 SD movies per month -- not a big deal.

For what it is worth, the median use is 2G-3G per month. And other providers have caps -- or are testing caps -- beginning at 5G.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iOEnKGQ9R-LjWhmeEJkP2l0bLM3QD92RIBKG0

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

With these providers, what happens if you go over?

Does the service just stop or do you get billed?

steven787 said:

service probably stops until u get billed.

well 250gb is alot, majority wouldnt even need that much. Probably really heavy downloaders that use business speed would but people with the slower cable speeds (i have comcast 6 d/l and 1 ip), wouldn't need that much.

looking at my torrent statistics, only downloaded 100gb in 1 1/2 years and uploaded 50gb. Yea, way off lol.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

GranTurismoHelperMax said:
steven787 said:

service probably stops until u get billed.

well 250gb is alot, majority wouldnt even need that much. Probably really heavy downloaders that use business speed would but people with the slower cable speeds (i have comcast 6 d/l and 1 ip), wouldn't need that much.

looking at my torrent statistics, only downloaded 100gb in 1 1/2 years and uploaded 50gb. Yea, way off lol.

I understand 250 is really high, but some of them are 5GB.  That would suck.