By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Pro Choice or Pro Life?

choice!

Around the Network

pro choice

Pro Life.

Most abortions are done not for medical reasons, but for social reasons and retroactive birth control on 100% healthy babies and mothers. It's one of the worst human rights violations that is America, and many other countries, best kept secrets.

One day, I hope that adoption laws change, and they remove the red tape so that abortion can be ended on all cases but medical necessity, and only approved by states, and not federal government. There are millions of loving families that want kids, but have to go outside of America, or wait years, to adopt - why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and get the mother that wants to abort, to deliver the kid to a loving family? Seems better than ending a life out of convenience, no?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I think there are already way too many kids to be adopted though.

But yes, adoption laws are pretty bad.

Pro-life. Im tired of debating this subject though.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

As I said in another thread, I'm not really either ...

I'm generally very anti-abortion, and I believe it is one of the worst things in the world that is (primarily) used as birth-control by the most self-centered people in the world. At the same time, beyond ensuring that someone is making a well informed decision and is aware of the physical and emotional consequences of their actions, I don't believe there should be any legal barrier to a woman having an abortion.

Personally, I wish that all the energy that was put towards arguing about abortion would be put towards preventing unwanted pregnancies.

Works for me.  Sign me up for this answer.

It's something that shouldn't happen in a perfect world... but we don't have a perfect world.

Locking this thread out of a request by the OP.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

My Policy:

No abortion may be performed after a baby exhibits brainwave activity. The only exceptions are in situations where the mother is endangered. In other scenarios like rape this would provide roughly 13 weeks for them to notice that they were pregnant and should be ample time to deal with it...seriously if you're raped common sense is a pregnancy test.

Part of the problem is that there needs to be a repercussion for getting an abortion. It needs to be driven home to these folks that this is not OK. If they want to be sexually active they have a responsibility to use protection and if they don't there are consequences. Period. Those consequences need to apply to both the mother and the father equally though, and penalties should be significantly more severe for fathers who try to avoid it.

While we are at it we need to get over this stigma about gay adoption. All I care about is whether or not the family has the means to support a child and exhibits the responsibility to care for it...I couldn't care less if both mommy and daddy have hairy danglers. Sure there are studies that show kids need a male and female parental figure for optimal development but the point those studies conveniently miss is that having no stable parental figure is infinitely worse.

Just my position, you don't have to like it =)

To Each Man, Responsibility