By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Far Cry 2 to feature smoother graphics on PS3?

Utilizing a new game engine entitled "Dunia," Far Cry 2 features some of the most impressive console graphics seen to date, showcasing such technological highlights as global illumination, dynamic weather systems, and realistic growing vegetation Furthermore, according to a recent preview by Gamespot, the PlayStation 3 is able to outperform its rival, Xbox 360, when running anti-aliasing.

"The developer says that the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC versions have been developed from the same core build, so they'll all share the same features," wrote Gamespot's Guy Crocker. "While we didn't see the PS3 version, it's claimed that the aliasing on Sony's machine outperforms that of the 360, while on the PC it's all dependent on the specifications of your machine."

Of course, this could all change before the game’s release, as the title is still in development stages. However, if Ubisoft Montreal can unlock and utilize the power of the Cell processor, there is no doubt that they can provide better anti-aliasing and smoother graphics for Sony’s flagship gaming platform.

Far Cry 2 is set to release sometime this Fall. Stay tuned for more information as it breaks.

I can't wait for this game, Play.com is offering a great deal 34,99 for steelbook edition. I have already pre-ordered mine!

http://www.psu.com/Far-Cry-2-to-feature-smoother-graphics-on-PS3-News--a0004674-p0.php

Around the Network

I was under the impression that the built-in AA of the 360 GPU was slighty superior to the PS3 GPU.

But ,I heard Ubi tell that they learned that the SPU were extremely efficient for some graphics routines so they were porting some of those to one SPU.

At the end its all 0s and 1s on the virtual space being moved ,the machine with the bigger horsepower in processing power was the one that would manage in the end the better results.More so if they have a bigger disc space as BR and obligatory HDD for cache if needed.Its only a question of time.Its a testament to the 360 power and easy architecture that it took some time at all.

I figured it out.

You DO like to double post news that's already on the site, as long as it favors the PS3.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=39289

Dolla Dolla said:

I figured it out.

You DO like to double post news that's already on the site, as long as it favors the PS3.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=39289

Dont say nonsense like that it really infuriates me, you always come into my forums and troll dont you have anything better to do, please do us all a favour and dissapear!

CGI-Quality said:
MEGAMAN!!!!!! Sup fellow Sony fan i always look forward to your threads - Yea i heard this on PSU but oh well yea hopefully The PS3 version of Far Cry does have a slight edge it would be cool but the 360 version won't look bad so hey everyone wins right? Anyway keep em comin MegaMan i like your threads

i appreciate it thanks man!

Around the Network

Another controversial thread. I like it

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Multiplats seem to be better on PS3 nowadays, compare to those dark early days lol

Oh...better than 360. Not PC...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Diomedes1976 said:
I was under the impression that the built-in AA of the 360 GPU was slighty superior to the PS3 GPU.

But ,I heard Ubi tell that they learned that the SPU were extremely efficient for some graphics routines so they were porting some of those to one SPU.

At the end its all 0s and 1s on the virtual space being moved ,the machine with the bigger horsepower in processing power was the one that would manage in the end the better results.More so if they have a bigger disc space as BR and obligatory HDD for cache if needed.Its only a question of time.Its a testament to the 360 power and easy architecture that it took some time at all.

From what I understand, the edram that theoretically provides free AA is not large enough to hold a full 1280x720 image, which is why most 360 titles that utilize the free AA are 600/640/685p (Halo 3, NGII, etc.), while games like Gears of War are full 720p, and have little to no AA.  I mean, obviously the former titles should've been capable of pushing a higher resolution out of the 360 if the developers chose to do so, but they didn't, for reasons most likely explained by option of free AA.

Of course, I could be completely wrong on the matter.

@Benk:  Hehe.

That would be interesting.