By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bonus Round E3 Preview Part 4- 3rd Parties

Gamerace said:
I just watched the entire set of videos. OGM is Micheal Patcher ever clueless!! He totally doesn't understand the current industry. Some of his best quotes:
"I still don't understand why DS sales doubled after the DS Lite come out. " - This guy is an analyst?! If he can't figure out why consumers bought something 12 months ago, how can he predict 6 months from now?
"Microsoft is the only company with exclusives" - Ah... Wii anyone??
"American and Europian publishers might stop making PS3 exclusives, but Japanese publishers won't. Take Katamari Damacy as an example, they'll never make that just for the 360..." - I had to stop and laugh at that, as the PS3 version has been unofficially canned now.
or my favorite, he theorizes that after a couple years the new customers the Wii has created will want to play Madden "The way it was meant to be played" and get a 360 (or PS3) instead. - I'm sorry, but that's complete idiocy. No-one who has learned to play games like Wii Sports of EA Family Play sports with a Wii-mote will ever switch to the unintuitive monstrousity that's the 360/PS3 controllers. It'd seem like a giant step backwards, like going from digital time to reading an analog watch.
He had many other clueless comments too. Why is he still employed??? N'Gai and the others, but especially N'Gai seemed to really be getting the new dynamics that are shaping this generation.
Sorry if this is a little off-topic, but thanks for posted a very interesting look at what the industry needs to do at E3.

Laughing an Michael Pachter is never off topic!

I didn't catch that Katamari Damacy comment... Hilarious! Though, the new rumor is that it will come to Wii too... But it may initially ship as a 360 exclusive!

And I agree that the "the way Madden is meant to be played" comment shows where Pachter is at. He assumes that 360 and PS3 are the systems people really want--the way they really want to play games--and they will run to them the second the price hits $300.

Maybe we'll see a future comment from Pachter about his neighbor... "So next Christmas I introduced my neighbor to the XBox 360 and Tiger Woods for 360! He claims that he got bored and confused doing everything with the joysticks in about 25 minutes, and went back to Wii, but I know he's happier playing Tiger Woods the way it was meant to be played on 360!"

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

Lol, another big difference between the PS2 and PS3 is price, and that's all that matters.