By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your opinion, what makes a game more memorable: Graphics or Music

Music wins by a light year.

Bad music can ruin a game with great play, but bad visuals won't.

Around the Network

Yeah, music definately makes a game more memorable than graphics. Amazing graphics are nice and all, but it is usually the music that gets stuck in my head.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Well the only reason I remember a few games is because of the music. Graphics really isn't something that goes into my thought of a game too much unless its simply gorgeous or standout in its own respect such as WW and Okami. But music goes a long way. If you notice most of the greatest titles ever releases has some of the greatest music ever... SMB, OOT, Morrowind, Halo, ect.

Music! Great music is remembered forever, I still love some of my Nes games music.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

An excellent soundtrack will always make me want to replay a game. That's why I still play the old 8-bit Konami/Capcom classics (also for the gameplay)!

Here's my list of recent games with excellent soundtracks (best ones in bold):

- Super Mario Galaxy;
- Halo 3;
- Bionic Commando Rearmed;
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption;
- No More Heroes;
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (wow, fan service);
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots;
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess;
- Gears of War.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

the music. i still have super mario galaxies stuck in mine

Music?

No...

I'll go with graphics...

i was thinking earlier today while playing mgo, and someone said that the game would go obsolete in 3 days (socom debut)
however, as he was saying this, my game was playing the mgs2 song and i was like, it's too bad socom won't have anything this awesome to listen to.
oh well, i guess i could just ipod the whole thing.

Soriku said:
If you guys are saying graphics than you honestly must not have played many games. I'm very sure everyone's favorite games have memorable music and graphics are likely an afterthought seeing as how many people love games from the last gens.

Also, good music can help a bad game. It makes the game remembered as the bad game with good music. If a game is bad and has bad graphics then it's usually not remembered.
Rofl...I've noticed that 100% of Ninty fans said music, but please don't say such a thing. Halo? When you look back at the game do you honestly think of music before graphics? False...

Obliterator1700 said:
Soriku said:
If you guys are saying graphics than you honestly must not have played many games. I'm very sure everyone's favorite games have memorable music and graphics are likely an afterthought seeing as how many people love games from the last gens.

Also, good music can help a bad game. It makes the game remembered as the bad game with good music. If a game is bad and has bad graphics then it's usually not remembered.
Rofl...I've noticed that 100% of Ninty fans said music, but please don't say such a thing. Halo? When you look back at the game do you honestly think of music before graphics? False...

i'm probably the furthest thing from a ninty fan, but i can tell you right now music makes the game.

despite graphical updates, new features, original katamari> other katamari

before evyone gets on my case about the "furthest thing from a ninty fan" i don't mean i hate ninty, i mean i am apathetic to it.