By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Barry Obama is America's Nelson Mandela

I always find it hilarious that Rock_On says things that sound like a complete joke, and people end up taking him seriously to the point of becoming angry. He is truly one of my favorite members and I enjoy his presence.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
I always find it hilarious that Rock_On says things that sound like a complete joke, and people end up taking him seriously to the point of becoming angry. He is truly one of my favorite members and I enjoy his presence.

Thanks for the glowing endorsement Montana. You are by far the best moderator on this site.

It would be a change for the better with Obama as president. Better American economy. Better worldwide approval from the nations of the world.

Mandela changed South Africa for the better and united the country.

In a time of crisis a beacon of light in Barrack "Barry" Obama will be America's saviour.

Oprah Winfrey the most popular and richest woman in America endorses Obama for President so he must become the next President of the USA.

rocketpig said:
Poor people suck.

And rich people are awesome?

No, rich people suck, too.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

The only speaker I have ever heard of that could fool so many people into blindly following him is Adolf Hitler. Charismatic leaders are dangerous, people will follow them into anything (just look at Oprah, lol). Many of the cults are started by charismatic leaders (Guyana, Heaven's Gate, etc)

All this to say is that they mans career has consisted of nothing but making amazing rhetoric.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

What's that rule of the internet? The one that if a discussion goes on long enough the probability of somebody being compared to a nazi reaches 100%? Bigjon proves it again FTW.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I thought it was more fitting than Nelson Mandela...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
I thought it was more fitting than Nelson Mandela...

Nixon is probably the only recent political figure one could legitimately compare to Hitler.  That guy was probably a little nutty.

It is moderately appropriate for Bush simply because the Bush administration has changed the power dynamics of Washington by shifting so much power towards the executive branch and have been extremely bad about keeping everything secretive.  Even the Republicans in Congress are sick of the power struggle over even minor details.

Both Obama and McCain will do a much better job bridging the gap between Congress and the executive branch.

But Bush certainly has not reached anywhere near that same level of authoritarianism even if he has met some of the prerequisites.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson