By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - At what point will you consider PSN to be ahead of Xbox Live?

For me personally, I'll consider it on par when I see the same depth of quality and quantity in their downloadable games as I do on Xbox Live. I just don't feel Sony cares as much as Microsoft does at releasing indy developed games over the service, and I don't feel like they care even the slightest at keeping a steady stream of PSOne Classics for everyone to enjoy.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
When i can find where to buy movies on the ps3 it will surpass the xbla thats all it's missing! WHERE IS THE VIDEO BUTTON!

upperleft hand corner of the ps store

Gearbox said:
When i can find where to buy movies on the ps3 it will surpass the xbla thats all it's missing! WHERE IS THE VIDEO BUTTON!

The movie store is in the US only atm.

When the PSN passes Live in features, functionality, and quality...

i dont know to be honest, i dont keep track of it

Around the Network

I'll have to answer; never. PSN has a lot catching up to do and in the meantime there are a few things that Live might be getting to improve as well.
Live will simply be better this gen, which is kinda fair seeing as people pay for it.

"At what point will you consider PSN to be ahead of Xbox Live?"

A couple of weeks ago when we got Pixeljunk Eden.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

PSN>live
PS3>360

Belive in the PS3 and it shall entertain you!

The download speeds on Xbox Live seem to be a lot faster than on PSN still. Maybe it's just me, but that really bugs the shit out of me. I downloaded the same demo (Force unleashed) on both at relatively the same time, and it took an extra 30 mins to get it onto my PS3. What is that about?

Besides that, I honestly think that everything else is pretty close to equal. I still prefer the navigation on Live though.

Just kiss the tip.

When Trophies, Custom Sountracks are Standard