By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This will be a great game, quite possibly better then GoW

Fuck it, a person cant even make a thread on here about anything not nintendo without the fanboys getting their panties in a bunch.

Is it jealousy ?

Around the Network

It looks good. but i dont have a ps3. i dont even have a wii lol.
im still last gen with my gamecube XD.
but at least my ds keeps me occupied.

Hey narj,

While I'm not sure if your sig is allowed on here, I do know that it's pretty big and annoying. Mind cutting out atleast one of the gifs?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Celb said:
Fuck it, a person cant even make a thread on here about anything not nintendo without the fanboys getting their panties in a bunch.

Is it jealousy ?

Actually none of the Wii fans are getting their panties in a bunch. If they were they would be saying how this game looks awful and how its going to bomb and how the PS3 is dead. They arent, they're just commenting on the game and saying that it doesnt interest them - not every post in the Sony forum is going to be about how they love Sony and all the games on the PS3 because to be honest people just dont. Even most Sony fans dont like everything Sony does just like most Nintendo fans dont like everything Nintendo does.

Wait until somebody actually flames before you go on a tyrade next time. 

On topic: This game actually does interest me, I hope they pull it off well because it looks to me to be in danger of being repetitive. If they add enough variation to the game then I think it could turn out to be a really good game, maybe a good new IP for the system.

The game looks good and I have high hopes for it. I like action games and this one looks like it's gonna be a treat.

I don't think it looks better than Gears visually, but Story wise from what I know it sounds a lot better and the character is more interesting than the really empty characters of Gears.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Celb said:

Is it jealousy ?

I know its frustrating, but no need to be so childish about it.  This is definitely the #1 game I want for the PS3 this year, and I'm very excited.  I think you are going to have to face the facts this generation.

Generation 6...

Gamecube = UNCOOL

PS2 = COOL

Generation 7...

Wii = COOL

PS3 = UNCOOL

That's just the way it goes for now.  Sony fans will have to accpet their minority status for a while.  I liked the Gamecube and PS2 last generation, but whenever I said anything positive about the Gamecube, I got flamed like their was no tomorrow.  This generation, I currently have the 360 and PS3, so anything I say about the PS3 that is positive get flamed.  I guess it's an interesting world.

But yeah, even though I will get a Wii sometime, I still think it's one of the most overrated console ever in history.  Then again, you will have to deal with about the other 80% who think it's the greatest thing ever. 

In a similar case I hate Rap, but I've learned to deal with the fact that's what 80% of the people only want to listen to. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Celb said:

Is it jealousy ?

Hate to sound childish, but you started it with your Wii Heaven comment.  I actually didn't even mention the PS3 in my post and simply commented that I wasn't excited about this game for x reasons.

As for since I don't have a PS3 of course I'm not excited about this game, that's just silly.  I truly meant that if I did have a PS3 I would not get this game from what I've seen so far.  That being said, there are games for the PS3 I am excited for just this isn't one of them.  When there are enough games out that interest to me to justify the price (10 with the current price), I'll get a PS3.

Now what's really annoying is that you can't say anything negative at all about the PS3 or its games without someone getting so incredibly defensive about the PS3 (remember again, I actually didn't even mention the PS3 in my post).  You're so eager to think that just because I'm not excited about a game that you think I'm automatically trying to shift the thread to a PS3 hate thread.  All it really is is that you made the statemnt THis will be a great game, quite possibly better then GoW and I was disagreeing.

FinalEvangelion said:

That's just the way it goes for now. Sony fans will have to accpet their minority status for a while. I liked the Gamecube and PS2 last generation, but whenever I said anything positive about the Gamecube, I got flamed like their was no tomorrow. This generation, I currently have the 360 and PS3, so anything I say about the PS3 that is positive get flamed. I guess it's an interesting world.

But yeah, even though I will get a Wii sometime, I still think it's one of the most overrated console ever in history. Then again, you will have to deal with about the other 80% who think it's the greatest thing ever.

In a similar case I hate Rap, but I've learned to deal with the fact that's what 80% of the people only want to listen to.

That is partly it, but some of these people bring the it on themselves, like Celb.  He took any negative comment about Heavenly Sword as an automatic flame on the PS3 and then started overreacting about it.  He was right that I don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting one until enough games I like are released to justify the price but he wasn't right in thinking that I'm not excited about Heavenly Sword only because it's a PS3 game and that I can't have an opinion about it because I don't own a PS3.

I never said nor think that Lair or Heavenly Sword will make the PS3 the best ever or "dominate" in sales.

All I expect is a dramactic pick up sales and be neck and neck with the 360 until Halo 3 comes out.

After that aftermath, if Ps3 still has life ..... Then it is a race.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.