By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A WiiWare review, discussion, and recommendation thread

When I showed my sister Helix she insist that i buy the game, she is interested in the gameplay.
You guys wrote some great stuff about it =) but the IGN review was too harsh I am not sure now.
I just want a simple rythem game, It would be my first WiiWare title =) So i am waiting for at least another review, or should i just download it?

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Around the Network
silverlunar777 said:
When I showed my sister Helix she insist that i buy the game, she is interested in the gameplay.
You guys wrote some great stuff about it =) but the IGN review was too harsh I am not sure now.
I just want a simple rythem game, It would be my first WiiWare title =) So i am waiting for at least another review, or should i just download it?

Personally I'd say go for it, since I trust this site's members more than IGN, but if you're on the fence why not try watching some more videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkdm2qEWNcM&feature=related

It contains links to other videos.

That said, you're only risking $10.

@silverlunar

Yeah I saw the IGN review and I'm not sure why the reviewer was so harsh. First to critique a wiiware game on visuals is pretty stupid, and to attack a small developer on their selection of music is even dumber. It's only ten dollars you can't expect something stellar. The tracks are fine in my opinion.

Yes you can flail your arms if you get lost during the gameplay and it may register, but then you're not really challenging yourself to play the game correctly as it was intended.

It is a nice rhythm game and I found myself moving me feet as I was playing it yesterday. I noticed in the IGN boards a GIF of someone playing the game seated looking lethargic while playing. If that's the reviewer then I don't know what else to say. It's a shame people put so much value into what a "critic" has to say.

GIF I was talking about... and yeah it's the reviewer....

...and yeah he is seated and isn't even trying, just look at the sad gestures he is making. His form is horribly off...

His enthusiasm doesn't even show. I could care less what this person thinks about the title.

It's like playing a racing title, and not even steering in the proper direction, then complaining it wasn't fun.

I saw the videos before and thats what made me interested in it in the first place.
The game is good enough for me to buy regardless of the review, the problem is that the IGN revier didn't even play it properly even if the game didn't regester the movemnt.

It is a buy for me then =), I just have to buy some wii points and an extra remote.

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Around the Network

Get Toki Tori.

Toki Tori is the best puzzle platformer you'll get.

It's pure awesome.

If you enjoy it, and don't rush, completing all the boards could take 40 hours, but 25ish is more likely. And you'll enjoy almost every minute.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

So did anyone hear buy and enjoy My Aquarium? Gurok hated it, but would it be decent if you just want a virtual fish bowl? And do you actually do ANYTHING?

I'm gonna try the FF game out.

The only WiiWare game I currently own is Dr. Mario Rx. It's really fun if you are a fan of Dr. Mario. The best part is definitely the multiplayer. If you've ever played Tetris DS, it's similar to that. I would recommend it to anyone who likes challenging puzzle games or anyone that likes fast-paced online play.

This thread has convinced me to buy Toki Tori.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

This thread reminds me that i don't own any WiiWare game :(

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||