By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN reviews Caslte Crashers - 9.0

badgenome said:
mysticD said:
desmondau said:
I honestly think Arcade games are priced a bit too high. For some old retro ports, they still charge you 400mp. I agree some of the new games are pretty good and could be and should be priced between 800mp and 1200mp. But most of them are small in size, short in play time, old in game design and easier to make when compared to the physical counterparts. I think MS should think of a more aggressive pricing when its main competitor PS3 is taking a healthy step on PSN to introduce its old days PS games and newly developed games. The prices on PSN, in my opinion, are much more reasonable considering the cost of distributing and developing; and more practical considering downloading the game is a cost on the part of the console owner.

So PSN which have very little selection price at the same as MS (you can say they copy XBLA for PSN store, but you know Microsoft is not innovate and they just copy everybody unlike Sony) is better while Microsoft XBLA have bigger selection is not aggressive and price too high. 400 MP is about $5.00. If you feel $5.00 is too expensive for old port (which of course not available on PSN) then I don't know what you think it should be? $1.00 ? free? it's a cheap port but someone still have to do the work.

And what on PSN is more innovate than XBLA? I try Pixle Junk, it was good but nothing ground breaking. New Ratchet is just another level of Ratchet & Clunk with some new items, couple hours long and cost $15.00 yet that is reasonable? I don't mind doing DLC but for full size retail game like Warhawk , GT5P or even Siren I would rather own a physical disc and those cost just the same as retail disc? So that is a good pricing to you? No disc so you can't resell, loan to friend , tie to your PS3 account but Sony charge the same price but to Sony Fanboys that's suddenly better. So what on PSN that is price so much better than XBLA?

EA Sports Live Draft Tracker! It's 400 MS points on XBLA vs. $0.99 on PSN!

Other than that, I haven't a clue. Multiplatform games so far have the same price point on either. Although if you buy 100 of those on PSN, you'll save $1, since it's $10 vs. $9.99! Woot!

If you are smart and look for deals you can get xbox live games cheap too. Since they use ms points and best buy has a sale of 10-20% off gaming accessories every couple of months...you can stock up on ms points for 1 dollar - 100 points. then its 8 dollars a game. :)

Around the Network

^ Good point. I should do that, but I'm just too much of an impulse buyer when it comes to downloadable games and don't really like sitting on Microsoft Points for some reason.

In short, I'm not smart.

its not co,,ing for the ps3 i supoesed

Played it a LOT this weekend, and i really love it.

Comboing in the air and riding the waves of dead is really quite fun...

Game looks kindof fraud...I won't be buying it.

Around the Network

i played the demo and i liked it.. gonna buy it.. maybe tonight..

all i can say is it is a good game.

The game's really good.

I finished it yesterday and started my Insane playthrough and found out this little tibdit: in normal, the first boss (huge barbarian) can easily be defeated by jumping around its Y axis while hitting it. In insane, its bounding box is bigger so you can't do that. Fun times.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).