By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Director Guillermo Del Toro "only 2 games are masterpieces; ICO & Shadow of the Colossus

Why are Quantic Dream one of your most cherished developers?

Fahrenheit?

OR because they are making a PS3 exclusive?

Don't get me wrong, I am psyched for Heavy Rain. I just enjoy questioning your motives Hanzo.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

^^^Yeh, I am a big fan of Fahrenheit [Indigo Prophecy], it's one of my favorite PS2 titles. Not many developers like QD and not many games that make me feel like I am actually in a film.

Also, QD and Team ICO's games are similar... dream like.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Good taste, Guillermo. That is surely the guy who made Blade 2, the best of that three.

Sorry guy's, it seems somebody else has made a similar thread after mine while I was away. It has the Link too to the Edge interview, so no need to dig it up now.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

papflesje said:
I cant disagree with him. Hes made 2 of my favourite films of all time (the hellboy films)

No offense, but if those are top of your list... you have lousy movie taste :p

It seems u know little of films. Del Toro is a brillient writer/director. Pan's Labyrinth was an amazing film, the Devils Back Bone was fantastic and Hellboy was, for a comic book film, great too!