By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

do you think we will ever see Rare's games on the vc or xbox live? My fried came over the other day and we played killer instinct gold on the n64. those were the good days. lol. it got me thinking about their old games like banjo and kazooie, gold eye, jet force gemini just to name a few. they really made some great games that was equal or better than nintendo's 1st party titles. it would be a shame to not re-release those games when they were so damn good.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

original banjo will be on xbla soon.

DKII said:
original banjo will be on xbla soon.

hmmmm, i didn't know that. ^_^

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Tusk!

Ultimate f*****g comboooo!!!

Killer Instinct was Hardbody man. Tough bare knuckle brawlin' right there. Only Testosterone infused human beings were allowed to play it.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

GoldenEye was cancelled before gold on XBLA b/c of Nintendo and MSFT could not reach an agreement on how to share profit.

Around the Network

There are already some Rare's game on XBLA. And Rare owns all the IPs. I don't think Nintendo wants to pay Microsoft to have Rare games on vc.

halogamer1989 said:
GoldenEye was cancelled before gold on XBLA b/c of Nintendo and MSFT could not reach an agreement on how to share profit.

Their were more parties involved than just those two. Activision has the Bond license plus they have to get the OK from all the actors.

yeah... I worry if Banjo is on XBL it won't appear on VC D=

The Donkey Kong Country games are on VC but I don't think any others will be headed that way.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Matt -

From my understanding (as was/is the rumor mill surrounding 007 on XBLA), is that Nintendo was entirely at fault for Goldeneye on XBLA being cancelled...It wasn't an N of America decision, but N of Japan souly, and even Reggie wanted it to go through.

As for Rare games on VC -

I think we may see an agreement between Rare/MS and Nintendo at some point in the future. Having VC/XBLA titles would benefit all parties involved. It would take greed on either side for it not to work, and from what I've seen, Rare would be for it.

I personally, would kill for KI on XBLA/VC at some point in the future.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.