By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am sick of this 360 RPG arguement.

Why are you listing games that are not even out yet, and games that get lower review scores than games on the 360?

Around the Network
Gamer4eva said:

Ok, i have seen alot of threads saying that the PS3 doesn't have RPG's that are worth playing and therfore it is a weak system. But hang on, couldn't this arguement be easily flipped?

Who has the best driving games? = PS3 (Motorstorm & GT)

Who has the best shooters? = PS3 (Killzone 2 & Resistance 2)

Who has the best platformers? = PS3 (LBP & R&C)

Who has the best puzzle games? = PS3 (Echochorme etc..)

Who has the best sport games? = PS3 ( I gave this to PS3 because it has the multiplats and the exclusives)

Who has the best action/adventure games? = PS3 (Uncharted anyone?)

Who has the best RPG games? = 360

The thing is i do agree that in this moment in time the 360 does have the better RPG's but if you look at every other category the PS3 wins.

So why is it that people are saying that the 360 is king of RPG'S and making it sound like RPG's are everything these days.

-First of all the 360 and the PS3 have a tie for the racers, because both systems have great racers. Because of the 360's racer friendly controller i'd have to give that to the 360. The PS3 has the Top Gear channel now on the PS3, so that leaves it at a tie again. In my personal opinion the 360 won that just by in game value though.

-You've got to be the biggest PS3 fanboy in the world to believe that the PS3 has the top shooters. KZ2 and Resistance 2 over Halo 3 and Gears 1, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead? Perfect Dark Zero? You have to be stark raving mad. Not to mention the fact that even if you get a multiplat title the 360's controller was designed to be shooter friendly with triggers and is extremely ergonomic especially if you want comfortable aiming. Lost Planet was even more well loved on the 360 than the PS3. The most Shooter friendly console you could go to after stepping down from PC is the 360.

-The best platformers are on the Wii or does your ignorance keep you from realizing that. Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Wario Land: Shake it, Nights: Journey of Dreams. Thats just a small amount.... I haven't even given you the Wii's true valued amount of platform games. Sega has even made exclusive platformers for Nintendo as you can see...how blind can you be? LBP doesn't mean shit. It will not rock the foundation of Nintendo like you delusional fanboys think it will.

-Sports games are a toss up. The only important ones are multiplat so you will have to decide which controller you like best. For me the 360 is better for sports. I play alot of basketball and the analog and triggers are amazing for sports games, where as the analog on the PS3 is a little too weak.

-Action adventure is a toss up as well. While uncharted is amazing, but the 360 has Ninja Gaiden 2, Still has timed exclusivity on the Dead Rising, Kameo, Splinter Cell is coming out and Alan Wake as well next year, Guilty Gear Overture and more. If you're going to base everything off of one game you're really sad and have closed yourself off from the real world where there is more diversity.

-The 360 has the most RPG's right now, but who knows in the future? This is usually the PS3's strong point. For now in the RPG department the 360 is owning. In the future who knows? The systems have more than enough time to work on that department.

-Puzzle games are a toss up between the Wii and the 360. PS3 doesn't even compare in this genre. I'd give this to the Wii.

-Fighting games are all PS3 hands down. Games and controller. The PS3 owns on both accounts.

Heres a tip....broaden your damn gaming horizons or live in ignorance as you seem so happy in as we speak.

this fails

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Reasonable said:
Watches from behind flame proof glass... wonders if thread will quietly slip away or catch fire...

OT - I think PS3 / Wii are pretty close for platform games right now depending upon your tastes, I think 360 is still king of shooters but PS3 may give it a run for its money with KZ2, RFOM2, etc. I think Wii rules for fun games, although I would give PS3 puzzle/fun games from PSN, Wii has best party games, PS3 and 360 close for driving but PS3 just edges it currently I think, 360 is stronger in RPG, sports is a draw all round really...

But its all down to taste, really. I prefer Motorstorm and GT to Froza and PG but others probably prefer Forza and PG...

The Wii and PS3 are not even close in the platform genre. The Wii has exclusives from both Nintendo and Sega.

.... WOW!

I actually don't know what to say at the OP

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Tigawoods said:

Considering that the entire post is all based on opinions from a very narrow mind, this thread is destined to fail.

In fact, it already has.

Just kiss the tip.

RPGs are over rated.

Gamer4eva said:

Ok, i have seen alot of threads saying that the PS3 doesn't have RPG's that are worth playing and therfore it is a weak system. But hang on, couldn't this arguement be easily flipped?

Who has the best driving games? = PS3 (Motorstorm & GT)

Who has the best shooters? = PS3 (Killzone 2 & Resistance 2)

Who has the best platformers? = PS3 (LBP & R&C)

Who has the best puzzle games? = PS3 (Echochorme etc..)

Who has the best sport games? = PS3 ( I gave this to PS3 because it has the multiplats and the exclusives)

Who has the best action/adventure games? = PS3 (Uncharted anyone?)

Who has the best RPG games? = 360

The thing is i do agree that in this moment in time the 360 does have the better RPG's but if you look at every other category the PS3 wins.

So why is it that people are saying that the 360 is king of RPG'S and making it sound like RPG's are everything these days.

Actually, if you want to be unbiased, and truthful using games actually on the market...

Best Racing: X360>Wii>PS3 (F2 & PGR) vs. Mario Kart Wii vs. Motorstorm

Best Shooters: X360>PS3>Wii (H3/Gears + Other minor exclusives) vs. Resistance vs. Metroid Prime/Red Steel.

Best Platformers: Wii>PS3>X360 - Obviously the Wii wins with it's superior N-driven catalogue. PS3 and X360 would be tied with R&C for PS3, and Braid for the X360 as a puzzle/platformer.

Best Puzzle Games: Wii/X360>PS3 (Bloom Blox, Zak & Wiki) vs. Braid, Puzzle Quest, N+ and dozens of XBLA games vs. Echochrome

Best Sports Games: Tied. No system really has an advantage over the other: Wii has tons of Mario exclusive sports, while PS3/X360 have a few sports games the Wii does not (such as NFL2k8, Fight Night 3)

Best Action/Adventure Games: Wii>X360>PS3 -=-=- Depends on how you look at it. Zelda:TP is friggin' huge, and if you include SSBB into the mix, it's very strong. X360 would be tied with games like SR, DR, Kameo, and a great Multi-Plat Library. PS3 only has Uncharted.

Best RPGs: X360>Wii/PS3 - Obvious who is #1 right now. I question who has the lead in the Wii/PS3 battle, as they are about the same at the moment.

If you want to argue, don't be a fanboy and list actual games out NOW instead of 2009 releases.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

-Fighting games are all PS3 hands down. Games and controller. The PS3 owns on both accounts.

I forgot about fighting games.  That genre I would say when comparing between the PS3 and 360 hands down goes to the PS3 since it's not about the games, it's about the controller.  The 360 has the absolute worst fighting game controller ever because of the shitty _shitty d-pad.  Of course both don't compare to the wonder that is SSBB. 

wow ps3 fanboys are getting desperate. saying ps3 has the best FPS.... LOL. 360 has the best GAMES, in general. half the games on your list arent even out yet, so saying you have the best of something that isnt even out yet is kinda.. retartded.