By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Spore - Are you buying?!

I got a quick question. If my PC can run the creature creator will the full game work as well? I haven't really dabbled in PC gaming, mostly stuck to consoles but this game intrigues me.

And to answer the original question, if it wil run. Yes.

Remember your history or you are doomed to repeat it.

Viacom Boycott

Around the Network
pimpcoop said:
Just a quick FYI you can buy the game for the Wii too!

No, because Wii won't get the same game. And it will only come 2009/2010

|_emmiwinks said:
Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:
aavidbacon said:
twesterm, you know, don´t you? that the majority of the pirates wouldn´t buy the games if they were to buy the official ones? I live in Brazil, a third world country and I see thi s kind of things everyday. Most of the middle class youngsters have a ps2 and they are on their way to get a new gen consol, but you know how many official games they have ? Very few. The ps2 success in Brazil was due to the easyness to pirate it and the main reason why ps3 will never succeed in here. The games are launched at US$130 here and most of the owners would never buy many games if they didn´t have an option. The wii and x360 can be copied and will make success down here. The pc games are three times cheaper than in the stores. Sometimes they don´t reach the stores, so we are forced to get them pirate or from abroad(like I do). So that story that pirates hurt their sales is BS. The US, EU and Japan(the big markets) are able too enforce the law, and also have a financial status that don´t make games so proibitive. This DRM thing is an agression to the consumer and people should boycot them until they give in.

I'm not getting into this argument again so don't even try.  I'll just give you the short answer and I'm just not going to reply after that: that is merely one of the many justifications lies people tell themselves.  The fact they download it shows they want it.

I wouldn't buy a Domino's pizza.  Yet if someone offered me a free one i'd eat it.

Man Domino's pizza sucks.

Demand for a product can often be changed by relative price.  I mean how many people you know have downloaded crappy songs they wouldn't even buy to their computer.  Like top 10 radio crap.

Hey, I worked for Dominos for 4 and a half years, I take offense. Their pizza can be delicious if made by the right people. Especially the wings, poor the sauce on them, run them through the oven, and put them back in half way. Ooooh so good.

Anyways, this crap about the DRM is rediculous. So it can only be installed 3 times, oh f-ing well. As long as you have the CD Key and UPC code you can call EA and get another 3 times if you run out. They took out the periodic checks, this is better then them doing something rather drastic, like single use codes or streaming something critical from online to play the game period.

Let them boycott it, for about a week and they will buckle and get it, and if they dont, then its their loss.

Yeah.  I thought you could get more installs with the CD and UPC.  SO i don't see it as a big deal either.  I don't get how this is supposed to stop piracy either... weird DRM.

NewGenGamers said:
I got a quick question. If my PC can run the creature creator will the full game work as well? I haven't really dabbled in PC gaming, mostly stuck to consoles but this game intrigues me.

Try this... I got it from another member on this site.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Yea Im getting it. First day purchase probably

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
NewGenGamers said:

Try this... I got it from another member on this site.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Thanks, that is a very useful tool. I'm definately getting this game now.

Remember your history or you are doomed to repeat it.

Viacom Boycott

Kasz216 said:
|_emmiwinks said:
Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:
aavidbacon said:
twesterm, you know, don´t you? that the majority of the pirates wouldn´t buy the games if they were to buy the official ones? I live in Brazil, a third world country and I see thi s kind of things everyday. Most of the middle class youngsters have a ps2 and they are on their way to get a new gen consol, but you know how many official games they have ? Very few. The ps2 success in Brazil was due to the easyness to pirate it and the main reason why ps3 will never succeed in here. The games are launched at US$130 here and most of the owners would never buy many games if they didn´t have an option. The wii and x360 can be copied and will make success down here. The pc games are three times cheaper than in the stores. Sometimes they don´t reach the stores, so we are forced to get them pirate or from abroad(like I do). So that story that pirates hurt their sales is BS. The US, EU and Japan(the big markets) are able too enforce the law, and also have a financial status that don´t make games so proibitive. This DRM thing is an agression to the consumer and people should boycot them until they give in.

I'm not getting into this argument again so don't even try.  I'll just give you the short answer and I'm just not going to reply after that: that is merely one of the many justifications lies people tell themselves.  The fact they download it shows they want it.

I wouldn't buy a Domino's pizza.  Yet if someone offered me a free one i'd eat it.

Man Domino's pizza sucks.

Demand for a product can often be changed by relative price.  I mean how many people you know have downloaded crappy songs they wouldn't even buy to their computer.  Like top 10 radio crap.

Hey, I worked for Dominos for 4 and a half years, I take offense. Their pizza can be delicious if made by the right people. Especially the wings, poor the sauce on them, run them through the oven, and put them back in half way. Ooooh so good.

Anyways, this crap about the DRM is rediculous. So it can only be installed 3 times, oh f-ing well. As long as you have the CD Key and UPC code you can call EA and get another 3 times if you run out. They took out the periodic checks, this is better then them doing something rather drastic, like single use codes or streaming something critical from online to play the game period.

Let them boycott it, for about a week and they will buckle and get it, and if they dont, then its their loss.

Yeah.  I thought you could get more installs with the CD and UPC.  SO i don't see it as a big deal either.  I don't get how this is supposed to stop piracy either... weird DRM.

It'll stop the casual pirates, and really I think thats a pretty vast number of pirates. I have a friend that can only barely use torrents to get music. Barely gets mounting CD images to a fictional drive. If it takes a couple patches and cracks and other tweaks for them to get around a DRM he would just have to go buy the game, because I doubt he could get it to work.

Im kind of surprised that a game that is so connected to the web at all times couldnt do some sort of check every time you tried to connect to the EA servers as DRM. I guess thats kind of like the Periodic check. eh, dont know, I just know Im getting it the moment its available, if they dont do a Midnight release on the 6th at my Gamestop then Im hitting refresh on the EA site and downloading it.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

Conroy said:
twesterm said:
aavidbacon said:
twesterm said:
Stever89 said:
I saw on Amazon.com page for Spore that a lot of people were boycotting the game because of the DRM thing. And I really really want to get this game, but my hatred for DRM anything really puts me off. I lost a whole bunch (like nearly 500 songs) because some DRM server went offline and I had to get a new computer... so I don't know what to do.

Basically the only thing that the DRM does is only allows you to install it 3 times... which isn't too bad, but if you ever get a new computer or upgrade your old one in any big way (add a new video card, new HD, etc), then you could run out of installs pretty quickly...

Don't blame EA, blame the twats that pirate games.

Yes I blame EA, it won´t stop pirates. In matter of fact it made me think of getting a pirate in order to avoid a DRM. and the 3 install things. The "funny" thing? I may not be the only one.

I'm not disagreeing that DRM's are not a pain in the ass, but if so many people didn't pirate games, there wouldn't be such a need for them.  So yes, blame pirates.  It is all because of them that such strict DRM's exist. 

And I realize that DRM's don't stop them, but nothing much will really.

If you realize that DRM won't stop pirates, then would you also agree that the only one DRM is hurting is people who actually buy the game?  If that's the case, then what's the need for it?  It seems fair to blame EA for doing something that harms customers, while doing nothing at all to fight piracy...

So once again, the DRM has been cracked a week before release (article on kotaku) and will only hurt customers.

What's the point?

Edit: i keep debating with myself whether to get rid of this post so pirates won't get ideas, but i guess if the news is out on kotaku, etc already, my post won't make any difference... mods, do what you want :)

I dunno about PC... I'm quite interested in the DS version of it actually (cause all the GF plays is DS and I think she'll like it too)

And no emmiwinks, some pirated games are as easy as
1 unrar
2 double click on the executable
3 play
.... and that's for games like gears of war or mass effect....
DRM will prevent the piracy of the commonfolk where papa has the game on the computer and tries to install it on the Children's computers...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Nope. Between Wii-Fit, XBOX360, Bioshock, Fable II, Star Wars FU, and Guitar Hero WT. It missed the radar.

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself