By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Spore - Are you buying?!

Yeah I'm going to get it.

It's kind of funny, I found out about the game in a PC Gamer magazine back in 2005 before my Freshman year of High School and now I'm going to be a Senior this year and it's finally coming out. I found out about the game Supreme Commander in that same issue. I guess I didn't realize how long it would be until the game actually came out, it looked like they had a lot done way back then even.

PC Gamer
Around the Network

I saw on Amazon.com page for Spore that a lot of people were boycotting the game because of the DRM thing. And I really really want to get this game, but my hatred for DRM anything really puts me off. I lost a whole bunch (like nearly 500 songs) because some DRM server went offline and I had to get a new computer... so I don't know what to do.

Basically the only thing that the DRM does is only allows you to install it 3 times... which isn't too bad, but if you ever get a new computer or upgrade your old one in any big way (add a new video card, new HD, etc), then you could run out of installs pretty quickly...

StarcraftManiac said:

Just flipped open my monthly gaming magazine... And to my great surprise I find a Spore-review inside... The game isn't out till 9th of September here so I had not counted on it, but whatever... Reading through it just got me even more excited then I already was! They gave it a solid 9.5, which equals totally magnifiscently brilliantly over the top awesome, or something like that. Having played the 'Creature creator' is what got me excited in the first place, although this really great review got me over the edge. I'm buying Spore... It's been a long time since I last bought a PC-game on day 1. But this game is so promising and looks so awesome and full of content that I believe it's all worth it!

So, back to my question; Are you or are you not buying Spore?!... And ofcourse: why or why not?!

Where are you? Its coming out on the 7th in America and the 5th in Europe.

anyways, second one its available Im getting it.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I will be picking this game up for sure. I would rather rent it, but oh well.

Not my type of game. Madden, Katamari, Electro Plankton, etc. are other examples of great games I will NEVER buy.

Around the Network

How big is the DRM problem, does anyone here knows anything further about it?
was willing to be the first in line, but I don´t wanna anything messing up with my pc and sure don´t wanna have to buy it again in four years( the time it takes to upgrade a pc and the OS, if it happens separatelly.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Stever89 said:
I saw on Amazon.com page for Spore that a lot of people were boycotting the game because of the DRM thing. And I really really want to get this game, but my hatred for DRM anything really puts me off. I lost a whole bunch (like nearly 500 songs) because some DRM server went offline and I had to get a new computer... so I don't know what to do.

Basically the only thing that the DRM does is only allows you to install it 3 times... which isn't too bad, but if you ever get a new computer or upgrade your old one in any big way (add a new video card, new HD, etc), then you could run out of installs pretty quickly...

Don't blame EA, blame the twats that pirate games.

Pre-ordered a while ago, cannot wait now, just a week more!

no

twesterm said:
Stever89 said:

Don't blame EA, blame the twats that pirate games.

Yes I blame EA, it won´t stop pirates. In matter of fact it made me think of getting a pirate in order to avoid a DRM. and the 3 install things. The "funny" thing? I may not be the only one.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E