By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you know what... I hate guitar hero

no matter how many times people have made me play the game I just don't like it.

I think it is a sub-par rythym game that uses a cheap plastic guitar as a remote. I for one can't understand how it has become so popular. Given the choice, I would rather spend my hard earned £100 on a real guitar instead of the cheap plastic one it will take me a couople of weeks to master.

Also, why hasn't anyone made Gitaroo man for it yet, I'm surprised at that.

My $0.02

Around the Network

Are you, maybe, lacking skills to play the game? Or how about just playing it casually, and enjoy the songs?

Competitive play sucks, but if you have a good friend that wants to play with you, the experience gets a lot better. Guitar Hero actually made me buy a real guitar, and I've been praticing for quite a while now. I guess it was good for me.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

^ I'm good at the game I think. I can't play fire and flames, but who can? lol

I STRONGLY agree. All my friends play that game and I can't stand it. I don't see how they can really get into it. I really just don't get it. But, at the same time, I understand that obviously, not everyone will have the same opinions as I do, so whatever..

because people donmt like to spend time learning a real instrument

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

it is a question of accessbility:

playing a real guitar : fun but so hard for the average joe
playing guitar heros : fun and so much easier

that is a classic question between reality and virtual world

real world : fun but so hard for the average joe
virtual world : fun and so much easier

Time to Work !

I am an actual guitar player...and while I see the appeal in playing guitar hero, I don't find it appealing myself. Rock Band drums on the other hand are awesome :)

I agree, Donkey Konga FTW!

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

highwaystar101 said:
^ I'm good at the game I think. I can't play fire and flames, but who can? lol

Good, for me, is at least Hard. I have to say that I wasn't really interested in the game while playing the Easy and Medium career, but once you get used to the 5 buttons, it seems like the game gets a lot more fun!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I'm not a big fan of Guitar Hero, but that's because I suck at using the guitar-controller. Somehow though, I'm good at playing with the regular 360 controller, so I'll just do that to have fun with friends playing the game. My cousins have a copy and are really getting good at it, I just enjoy playing really, REALLY, casually.

And OP... real guitars are for old people, you know? ;) Cartman told me.