By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Confirmed: Mistwalker working on MMO for 360

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/Sakaguchi-san_Confirms_New_MMO/RPG_11781_6797_0.htm

Sakaguchi-san Confirms New MMO/RPG News

"Attending a recent anime/manga event held in Paris, Mistwalker's Hironobu Sakaguchi has confirmed to TVG that he is currently working on a new title for the Xbox 360. Described as "50% MMO and 50% RPG" and definitely not Cry On or Blue Dragon 2, unfortunately that's about all we know at this stage until our reporter gets back from the event before knowing more."

Around the Network

Cool stuff indeed.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I wonder if this will be cross platform with PC. I can't think of many other games that would be better suited for both console/PC play as it will essentially be the same game and there will be no need to enhance/gimp the controls for one platfrom to balance it out.

Sakaguchi is a very angry Japanese man. His hatred of SE must be enormous and everything he does seems to be an attempt to exact revenge on Square and Sony.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Sakaguchi is a very angry Japanese man. His hatred of SE must be enormous and everything he does seems to be an attempt to exact revenge on Square and Sony.

Or he's a very money hungry man who loves the MS money.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

And everything he does turns to awesome, so it doesn't matter.

IMO, a Sakaguchi made JRPGMOO could do very very very well in the Korean marketplace, and could help the 360 significantly there, and of course, help in Japan (and also give MW a solid title to keep earning cash from via subscriptions, if they charged for them).

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ckmlb said:
rocketpig said:

Or he's a very money hungry man who loves the MS money.

I don't think so, I think he just really hates Kutaragi and Sony by association.

rocketpig said:

Are you sure it's Sakaguchi who's angry and not the fans that blamed him for the problems Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within caused Square and for leaving afterwards?  It's not like he had any choice since he was blamed for it and was basically the fall guy.

*Edit: oops about Kutaragi, who knows what the history is between them, maybe Kutaragi encouraged him and Square to keep pouring money into the movie or he felt they didn't give him the support he needed.

Legend11 said:
rocketpig said:

Are you sure it's Sakaguchi who's angry and not the fans that blamed him for the problems Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within caused Square and for leaving afterwards?  It's not like he had any choice since he was blamed for it and was basically the fall guy.

*Edit: oops about Kutaragi, who knows what the history is between them, maybe Kutaragi encouraged him and Square to keep pouring money into the movie or he felt they didn't give him the support he needed.

I think it was just a clash of personalities. They are both very stuborn and proud men. Not sure what happened between him and SE though, never really believed that Spirits within was to blame. Back on topic, Sakaguchi has been one of the top names in RPGs for a while now and it will be interesting to see how he goes about making a MMORPG.

Oh cmon, Koreans already have too many MMORPGs to play. No way it has a big impact there. Japan is a different history though. That may put the 360 in PS3 lvls