By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do peoples (US)60 gigs run super hot?

Mine doesn't run very hot and it is pretty quiet 90% of the time

Around the Network

hmm, buy fans for it.

my 80 gig is very quiet and is hardly tht hot after long hours of play but its also very ventialted and in open area, plus its in the basement which is cold even in summer. winters around the corner tho...

yep, mine can fry eggs lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

EHSTEVE said:

Mine never runs hot.  Even if I'm playing a game like Uncharted for 4-5 hours at a time.  It gets a little warm, but nowhere near as hot as say the 360 brick.  I'm honestly stunned by some of the responses here.

My fan rarely ever makes a noise either.  What it sounds like to me is that you guys don't have it in an open environment, and rather it's inside a closed compartment such as an entertainment center or something.  As long as it's in an open environment, it should never run hot and the fan should never make much noise.

Phrancheyez said:
EHSTEVE said:

Mine never runs hot.  Even if I'm playing a game like Uncharted for 4-5 hours at a time.  It gets a little warm, but nowhere near as hot as say the 360 brick.  I'm honestly stunned by some of the responses here.

My fan rarely ever makes a noise either.  What it sounds like to me is that you guys don't have it in an open environment, and rather it's inside a closed compartment such as an entertainment center or something.  As long as it's in an open environment, it should never run hot and the fan should never make much noise.

Mine is out in the open......and for the record, the fans dont make much noise, but the heat is there. Ive played several 2+ hour Warhawk games and I havent dealt with any issues, but Im cautious by nature(360 owner). And I wasnt comparing the heat to the 360 power brick, but the actual unit itself. I think I am safe, but still cautious.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Yeah, my 60 GB first gen unit gets really hot. It hasn't had any problems, though. Even acts as a space heater for my room at times.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I chucked the 60GB HDD out of mine and put a faster 200GB in and its still as quiet as ever, and it doesn't get hot at all even after 18 months of use! Although mine is PAL...

PSN: Gippon

i think its normal

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Mine blows hot air too. Made a mistake of putting a stack of 360 games to the right of it one time. Made the boxes warm and flimsy. Them PS3 fans, boy do they love to burn 360 games. -_-

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

mine doesnt get too hot unless i sit there playing it for hours, but i think most systems get hot after playing them for a while, well at least in my experience.

psn:murkinem         

currently playing: