By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IMO, Twilight Princess is an utter failure and a complete disappointment

I was trying my best to enjoy this game.  I had gotten all the way to the Temple of Time and was finally starting to feel a little bit of excitement about the game. 

Then, one morning while I was still half-asleep, I accidentally erased my entire game.  (gasp!)

So, being a true Zelda devotee, I started the game over from the start.  I've played for 2 hours now and  absolutely can't stand going through this game a 2nd time. 

I realize that I could use a gamesave from my SD card, but I just don't feel any sense of accomplishment that way.  I don't want to load a game that already has all the bugs and poes caught.

I guess I just needed this forum to express my utter disgust at this game.  This is the most boring of any Zelda game I've ever played.  Yeah, the sound and graphics are pretty cool (nothing wrong there) but the storyline and objectives in the game are so ridiculous that you can't almost make it up. 

I've never had any complaints with any of the previous Zelda titles.  I think OoT is the by far the most superior of them all.  I love Wind Waker and find nothing wrong with that game, despite all the complaining I hear from people on the internet (ie: sailing, Tri-Force search, finding the maps in each square - in fact, I wish Nintendo would rerelease this game with Wii controls...ala RE4).

Anyways, what is your opinion on this game?  Playing through it the first time, I kept trying to tell myself that "this game is awesome", but it's not....it's really REALLY not.  And I'm finding this out in a big way by playing through it the 2nd time.  I have played every Zelda game numerous times and never got bored of them...but this one just puts me to sleep and I think the producers of the game should be put to sleep.

Just my 2 cents worth....now back to doing things of little or no importance.  Ciao!

"Why can't you just accept yourself for what you are - essentially a geek!" --Don Imus

Around the Network

rofl, haha you're an utter failure and a complete disappointment yourself :D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Once you go OoT, you never go back.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I agree with you. Majora's Mask was MY favorite because it was well thought out, different, and so much to do. Not to mention dark.

The graphics in Twilight princess are great especially the horse riding and animations/functions associated with it, but the game did not use it or require its use enough to make it satisfying. The biggest disappointment is the lack of side plots and character interaction. It was just going from one task to the next with maybe 2 side plots and 3 minigames worth mentioning. This is the first Zelda game that didn't "feel" like a Zelda game or have that magic. It was basically a fan service without voice acting and without orchestrated music. It certainly is not the epic game it made itself out to be.

The plot line was so shallow in light of all they had to work with. Why were the Gorons gone in Wind Waker? Why were the Zoras defeated? Why did the kokiri turn into sprites? Why was Hyrule underwater? Why did the mask on Midna look like Majora's Mask, could the mystical people who made Majora's Mask also have made Midna's Mask? When did the tradition of garbing boys in green from Wind Waker start? So many questions and expectations, yet NOT A SINGLE answer. Way to flush all the good plot fuel down the drain. I guess we won't ever get any coherant answers if this game is any indication. Another game is just another game. Ridiculous.

Just my 2 cents worth....now back to doing things of little or no importance. Ciao!

Back to that? You think this post doesn't count as something of little or no importance?

Around the Network

Oot will probably always be my favorite, But Twilight Princess is a very close second. I loved the game and plan on playing it through again soon.

How do you "accidentally" delete your save file? It asks you beforehand if you want to do so or not.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

@Bezerker

Short summary: You screwed up by deleting your save game and now you're blaming someone else.

Personally I enjoyed Twilight Princess. It started off a bit slow but then got into a nice rhythm between spending your time in dungeons and the overworld. Only at the end it got a bit too dungeon heavy in my opinion. Bosses could have been a lot tougher, but Zelda bosses are not really known to be tough as far as I can remember. And Midna was great, really the best character in the game.

Smash_Brother said:
How do you "accidentally" delete your save file? It asks you beforehand if you want to do so or not.

And to add to that, you have your game saved to SD and could pick it from there, but you don't feel like you would accomplish if you start playing from your save? I have played my TP for about 12hrs, and i think TP misses something that OoT, MM and WW had. That's the sideplots, or maybe i haven't yet ran into them.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

it's easier to blame others for own's mistake. it's what parents usually do best.

/duck