By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infinite Undiscovery: 20-25 hours, two discs

Griffin said:
How, only 20hours and on 2 DISCS!! looks like all M$ money has gone to waste =))

If this was on the PS3, it would be native 1080p and 150hours due to the powerful CELL, and the mighty RSX. =)

True 4D graphics that are only possible on the market leading BLU-RAY technology used in the award winning PS3. =)))

omg, lol, are you Crazzyman!? What's with the smileys!?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

20 hrs?

Soriku said:
I don't get it. They have 9 GB on each disc...

From my understanding they only get to use 6.8gb on the discs.

Soriku said:
I don't get it. They have 9 GB on each disc...but can't they develop the story further? I really hate it when most of the disc is filled with...audio or graphics or whatever. 20-25 hours is enough for a handheld RPG IMO (though they can be longer...ToH coming on the DS is going to be over 35 hours main story only and Tales games have A LOT of sidequests). There should be a good deal of sidequests then.

Is it me or are SE RPGs getting shorter and shorter? =/ I heard Crisis Core is like 15 hours and now IU is only 20-25. Where is Square with their 30-40+ hour RPGs? D:

At least KH team games are still fairly long though.

ToV is looking better than this...ToV is liike 40+ hours main story only (as any console Tales).

Not that IU's bad or anything...but could be longer...

Is it me or does it seem like 20-25 hours isn't enough for you? There is no set length a JRPG has to be.

I forget how long Morrowind and Oblivion are suppose to be but each of them turned into 2+ year games for me.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:
How, only 20hours and on 2 DISCS!! looks like all M$ money has gone to waste =))

If this was on the PS3, it would be native 1080p and 150hours due to the powerful CELL, and the mighty RSX. =)

True 4D graphics that are only possible on the market leading BLU-RAY technology used in the award winning PS3. =)))

I was bored and decided the thread needed some fanboy comments.  I added the smiley's becasue Crazzy is a great poster =))

Griffin said:
Soriku said:
I don't get it. They have 9 GB on each disc...

From my understanding they only get to use 6.8gb on the discs.

what do they use the other 2.2 GB for?

DMeisterJ said:
20 hrs?

What if this is Square-Enix's new direction with JRPGs, meaning less grinding and more focus on pacing and story!? What if FFXIII is only 25-30 hours!? D:

Studies are showing that people just aren't beating games like Okami, Twilight Princess, and FFXII. Shortening those games to 20 hours could be a way to pack it into a sleeker package, with a lot of the filler cut off, that was required with older games. You see a lot of complaints that "I can't play those types of games anymore." This could be a move by Square to make jRPGs a hardly-core gamer experience once more.

Is it good or bad? Well, I doubt it will decrease sales, and in all likelyhood, it could make your game get better reviews from most sources, especially those that feel the genre needs a change.

So, there really is no way the company would tout 20 hours without a reason. Is it just this game, or could a trend emerge?

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Griffin said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:

I was bored and decided the thread needed some fanboy comments.  I added the smiley's becasue Crazzy is a great poster =))

lol, I think it was a good move, personally.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Each hour racks up the production bill high very quickly for HD games.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.