By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Stargate Atlantis Cancelled. :(

superchunk said:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/08/sci_fi_confirms_iatlantisi_cance.shtml

It will end this January with the final 100th episode and will have a 2hr movie to wrap up the story line similar to how SG1 ended.

There still is no word on the Stargate Universe series, but alteast there will be a movie and potentially more to follow. Guess, I'll be down to only 2 shows worth watching, Heroes and Dexter.

Never watched Stargate because by the time I'd heard of it they were several seasons in and I didn't have the time to catch up.  Don't worry though, Heroes this fall is going to be ridiculously good.

Around the Network
ministaff said:
well heroes is still awesome. btw lost will get cancelled too. too many people have stopped watching the show due to missed episodes and laziness to watch it on the internet. i give it 2 more seasons tops. house on the other hand is an AWESOME show that will never end.

Wow aren't you a prophet? Dude when Lost started it was only meant to have 6 seasons. It was never intended to last longer. The creators said two years ago that they meant for the show to have a beginning, a middle and an end. That is why the first episode of last Season was called the beginning of the End lol. I hope to god they don't cancel it before then because the fanbase is pretty serious about the show.

@Onyxmeth - All of my buddies watch Galactica, but I never managed to get into it.

This sucks. Its one of the only few TV shows I still watch. The series is getting pretty boring lately. There doesn't seem to be a sense of urgency, that you usually get with the series. There isn't really much of an enemy anymore either with the Wraith fighting, and the Asurans dead. Hopefully they will come up with fresh ideas with Universe.

perpride said:
ministaff said:
well heroes is still awesome. btw lost will get cancelled too. too many people have stopped watching the show due to missed episodes and laziness to watch it on the internet. i give it 2 more seasons tops. house on the other hand is an AWESOME show that will never end.

Wow aren't you a prophet? Dude when Lost started it was only meant to have 6 seasons. It was never intended to last longer. The creators said two years ago that they meant for the show to have a beginning, a middle and an end. That is why the first episode of last Season was called the beginning of the End lol. I hope to god they don't cancel it before then because the fanbase is pretty serious about the show.

Before the last season aired, there was only going to be like 48 more episodes or something.  I don't remember the exact number but I think they wanted to do 3 16 episode seasons.  It should be done by 2010 I think.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Onyxmeth said:
superchunk said:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/08/sci_fi_confirms_iatlantisi_cance.shtml

It will end this January with the final 100th episode and will have a 2hr movie to wrap up the story line similar to how SG1 ended.

There still is no word on the Stargate Universe series, but alteast there will be a movie and potentially more to follow. Guess, I'll be down to only 2 shows worth watching, Heroes and Dexter.

You don't watch Galactica?

i love BSG! only 10 episodes of that left aswell though!

Around the Network

Damn it, I prefer this to the main series :(

Scrubs will still be worth watching... Even if it lacks J.D.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

perpride said:
ministaff said:

@Onyxmeth - All of my buddies watch Galactica, but I never managed to get into it.

You really should. It's a great show. I can't recommend it highly enough. If you want an easy way to catch up without buying $40 DVD seasons, give me a PM.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

BenKenobi88 said:
I have friends telling me to watch it all the time.

Then I ask them, is the whole thing excellent, or does it drag like many series do?

Then they tell me, yeah it has ups and downs.

And then I can never bring myself to start watching a 100 episode possibly mediocre series...

I wouldn't say it ever really drags. The first season is a rough start but it gets plenty interesting after that. If you enjoyed SG-1 then you should be able to enjoy this series. Still if I were to try and sell you on the Stargate universe I would go with SG-1 since it is a lot better for the most part.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Hey for all you Stargate fans out there. I just read that a new series is coming next summer. Stargate Universe. It will be a 2 hour movie followed by a series run.
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-scifigreenlightsstargateuniverse,0,2095496.story

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.