By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Console Sales Estimates by the end of 2007 - UPDATED

s2puzzy said:
Thanks everyone for posting their Console Sales Estimates.

I think the PS3 will pick up their sales around Christmas with GTA IV, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 and early 2008 with MGS4.

All console sales will pick up around christmas ... the PS3's increase may seem proportionately larger but that will be because of much lower the sales started from. Unless the PS3 gets a lot of really good games released in rapid succession I don't see any game causing any long term improvement in sales; The number of people who are willing to spend $500 or $600 for one game is so small that it is not really worth considering.

Around the Network

Guys, these are not my predictions, these are just mechanical estimates based on 2007 performance, nothing to do with my own opinions. I just stated that those numbers seem reasonable to me given the current situation but of course with the advent of price drops, fall and Christmas time, things will more or less change.

So please dont be a fanboy and if you think otherwise, back up your claim with some numerical data.

PS : The data above are based on the minimum and the maximum averages out of
- Last 1 month
- Last 2 months
- Last 3 months
- Entire 2007

...performances of each console, as of July 1st.

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Be sure to put your predictions in the league, everyone, before this weekend. July 10th is the last day to enter!