By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PSP 3000 question...

What's with the PS button?

Around the Network

What do you mean "what's with it"?
I mean, it's a friggin' PS Button! Of course, if you meant "what's with the HOME button?", then I would reply, "It's a friggin' PS button!" Oh wait.

So basically, to sum up my thought process, they changed "HOME" to the "PS" sign. It's probably to integrate the connection between PSP and PS3 better. But, keeping the button as "HOME" would still be reasonable, seeing as how the PS3 is getting... "PlayStation HOME". Oh well.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour

The PS button just replaces the HOME button. Both will do the exact same thing... im guessing SONY just wanted their products buttons functionality to match ....

Aprisaiden said:
The PS button just replaces the HOME button. Both will do the exact same thing... im guessing SONY just wanted their products buttons functionality to match ....

Probably true

^_^

It's just weird how it was the "HOME" button for so long, and now it changed to the PS button.

Makes me think that it has something to do with network functionality. Maybe increased RAM for in-game XMB, multi-taking, friends list, or something like that.

John Koller in an interview with MTV Multiplayer did say that the idea was in the future for things like this to come to the PSP, but didn't exactly say when and how.

Just speculation here.

Around the Network

They probably don't want to confuse Home button From Home. Just a guess.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

While additional RAM would be nice, in the interest of keeping full platform compatibility, it seems very unlikely.

Developers wouldn't be able to use it to run their programs/games, so its use would be limited to multimedia and basic system functions only.

Rather than add more onboard RAM, a reduction in overhead for the PSP OS would be more likely.

Reduction in power consumption, rather than a simple increase in battery size would make more sense as well, not that there is ever an instance in which a higher capacity isn't better.

But an improved display and integrated mic (skype phone) is a nice addition to the PSP platform, even if it is essentially a minor update.

I'm picking one up as soon as they start shipping.

i was wondering the same thing
i wonder what really happened to PSP HOME....

damn...i need a PSP slim before this comes out

psrock said:
They probably don't want to confuse Home button From Home. Just a guess.

This. I said this in another thread about the PSP 3000.

The Home button is the same thing as the PS button. It's just more intuitive for PS3 owners, which are presumably a considerable percentage of the new consumers just now picking up a PSP.

Nobody knows if the Pandora's battery works with the 3000 models at this point, but if I had to bet on it, I'd say most likely not.

And 2000 models will probably be discounted come October when the 3000s hit retailers.