By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Heavy Rain Trailer PS3 from Leipzig August 20, 2008

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/20/heavy-rain-confirmed-for-2009/

direct feed video, looks much better but still no HD.       By: shanbcn

At the Leipzig Games Convention, David Cage of Quantic Dreams took the stage and introduced Heavy Rain to the salivating audience and subsequently the world.

Heavy Rain is perhaps the most talked about Playstation 3 exclusive and the real-time gameplay footage did not disappoint. In fact, David confirmed that Heavy Rain is 100% rendered in real-time 3-D. Judging by these screens and trailer straight from show, what they've achieved is nothing short of revolutionary.

Sony has confirmed via the trailer that Heavy Rain will arrive sometime in 2009, most likely at the end of the year. Suddenly Alan Wake sounds a whole lot less appealing, doesn't it?

Check out the trailer and screens below and believe the hype. It really does look that good.

By: HDR

Around the Network

I'm so pumped. I hope the game gets delayed a lot, cause I'm gonna have to buy a PS3 the day it comes out.

And I hope Versus stays exclusive, or I'm gonna feel like a knob buying an expensive system for one game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Or people could ignore this thread............

This thread is probably better, but...

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=38623

Looking very good! The only thing bothering me at the moment is how you fight. Pressing some random buttons isn't fun at all :(

Around the Network

Looks quite impressive.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

I give it 27 seconds before a horde of angry haters enter the thread and say one of the following-

'it was cgi!'
'no way that was in game footage!'
'that bird is ugly!'
'ps3 sux!'
'i touch myself!'

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
I give it 27 seconds before a horde of angry haters enter the thread and say one of the following-

'it was cgi!'
'that bird is ugly!'
'ps3 sux!'
'i touch myself!'

lol. " i touch myself! " And alot of them probably do. Anyway, if you doubtfuls get a chance to play Indigo Prophecy or Faranheit(Europe), then you'd probably understand the appeal and draw of this game; graphics aside.

colonelstubbs said:

'it was cgi!'
'that bird is ugly!'
'ps3 sux!'
'i touch myself!'

If I didnt do it, who will? 

That footage is awesome.

End/

Looks very promising, I think we are now about to enter the era where many games developing companies truly start to show off the PS3's technology. I think this will push the bulk of multi-platform developers to adapt as well, for instance after Killzone 2 which developer would dare to release a high profile yet weak FPS port to the PS3 and look absolutely incompetent in the eyes of the consumer? Even EA nowadays makes their PS3 Maddens properly.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales