By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamereactor reviews Too Human - 4/10

"No, Too Human is a waste, but its like. I would hardly think of the number of hours worked that has gone into this game, how much money wagered through the years and especially not on how well the concept Too Human really does, but for now are always exhausted"

All the signs show this is looking to be the Haze of the 360, what a shame i was looking forward to this game probably going to give it a rent!

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamereactor.se%2Frecensioner%2F14951%2FToo%2BHuman%2F%3Fsid%3D7604bc05a04834aa5517916f6aa081fd&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sl=sv&tl=en

Around the Network

The difference is Haze was hyped in the later stages right before release, which ended up in a huge dissapointment when the first score(IGN) was released.

Too Human was hyped early in its development cycle, and in later years, but in the last few months, hype began to wane, due to poor previews, the gaf/dydak battle, the drop from 4 player co-op down to 2(despite the inherant group nature of the original scope), and general malaise that comes from a game being in development for too long.

To be honest, the only people I know IRL who were still considering buying Too Human before reviews were out, are people I consider "n00bs."

Now, don't be offended. I'm not saying they were all n00bs, I'm just saying that most of my friends had heard the concerns of previewers, and lost a lot of interest that they once had in this being a AAA game.

Contrarily, I thought Haze was gonna be the next Goldeneye right up until IGN gave is a 4/10 or something like that, in an early review, and the gaming world gave a unanimous: /GASP "WTF!?" /SPIT OUT BEER

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Thats really low.

Ouch. A decade in development and this is the result? ouch ouch ouch.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

The difference is Haze was hyped in the later stages right before release, which ended up in a huge dissapointment when the first score(IGN) was released.

Contrarily, I thought Haze was gonna be the next Goldeneye right up until IGN gave is a 4/10 or something like that, in an early review, and the gaming world gave a unanimous: /GASP "WTF!?" /SPIT OUT BEER

The hype for haze kept going down over time, the game kept getting delayed, and looking worse and worse in all the previews.  Most people looking at haze, stopped paying attention to it 6months before it came out.  You might have been one of only a couple of people expecting Haze to be good.

Around the Network

Haze hype was on a downward slope after IGN's preview late in 2007.

Too Human's was equal throughout the whole year, but has been going down only as of late.

Once Haze was delayed both times the hype was gone.

:/ Guess without Nintendo they are nothing…

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

DMeisterJ said:
Haze hype was on a downward slope after IGN's preview late in 2007.

Too Human's was equal throughout the whole year, but has been going down only as of late.

Once Haze was delayed both times the hype was gone.

Where you get that from?  Only Sony fanboys try to make this game to be something that it never was.  Only hype that I read was from egotistic Mr. Dyack.   I remember walking into GameStop last year and told me about Too Human and I was like Too what?? Never heard of it.    When I did some research about the game every forum I go to (NeoGaf , TXB etc) everybody was bashing the game and/or Denis Dyack.  All preview from all the pod cast all saying it was "ok" at best.  Even 1up Garnet Lee who is usually semi-pro Microsoft said he lost interest in the game after an hour.  So I am not sure where you get this "big" hype from.  If you want to talk hype then wait until Fable 2 or Gear of War 2 get crappy score then you can said hype game fail on Xbox like Lair and Haze.

Anyway can we just have one thread on Too Human review ... or just make one thread sum up Too Human failure.

edit: double posts

So how do we have this, a foreign review, and the review from a Greek magazine as such polar opposites? 93 vs. 40... After reading some reviews, I get the impression that some of the reviewers didn't play the game all the way through and/or never gave it a chance. The demo irritated me until I figured out how things worked. I liked the gameplay but the menus, controls, and interfaces bugged the hell out of me until I figured them out and got accustomed. I wonder how many of the official reviews of this game are reviews after having played it all the way through... I can't count how many posts I've seen with the same impression: "WTF!" at first and then "Wow, once I got it all figured out, this game is awesome...".

Oh well. It gives PS3 fanboys something to post about in the MS forums. They need payback for Haze (that one hurt a bit) and Lair (that one REALLY stung).

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.