By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Actual numbers on Wii household use

that doesnt mean its kiddy. a third of wii users are under 18. that mean that 2 thirds are 18+. that doesnt seem kiddy at all.

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
megaman79 said:
I dont have other consoles. What i have is evidence proving that theories regarding what the Wii audiece actually looks like is all bull.

Yeah, because you make up 3/3rds of the wii's audience.

I believe he was responding to people asking about the other console's audiences.  "I dont have other consoles." = He does not have the data for them, only for the Wii.

gimmebanana said:
i get dizzy reading chartz but i will say this
i know alot of ppl (frendz and familyz) that dont even touch there wii anymore

What!?

(Reads websites name.)

What!?... Come again?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

gimmebanana said:
i get dizzy reading chartz but i will say this
i know alot of ppl (frendz and familyz) that dont even touch there wii anymore

There is atleast one every week.

But yet Wii outsell both PS3 and 360 combined.

So Wii is a kiddie machine? I don't give a rats ass about that actually beacuse I enjoy mine and so does my family and friends ( funny avarage age there is 30 )

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

One note -- the N (number of respondents) on the study was 260.

That may be a bit low to get some of those breakdowns.

Also, if there was any self-selection bias, it could signficantly skew the results.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

I'm not surprised at those stats at all. It always the boy who receive the console for his birthday/Christmas and then his sister(s) start using it. Same thing for couples. The guy buys a console because he's an avid gamer and his girlfriend plays a few of the games (Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Cooking Mama, etc.).

So, it's no wonder male form a larger portion of the audience.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...