By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Afrika's First Review

SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:
Famitsu scores are as trustworthy as one of my sarcasm filled posts.

Indeed, these are the same people who gave FF12 and MGS4 a 40/40.

theres a problem with those scores? Those two games are awesome in everyway.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

Im with SSj12 on this one, FF12 was Second to FF7 IMO

ssj12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

MGS4, yes. FFXII, not so much.

What I find unbelievable is that SmokedHostage would attempt to discredit Famitsu by bringing up the fact that they gave a perfect score to Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is pretty much undisputed as being one of the best games this generation, if not of all time, yet he doesn't bring up the fact that Famitsu gave a perfect score to Nintendogs, which is obviously ridiculous.

I can't help but wonder what kind of taste in games SmokedHostage has when he considers MGS4 or even FFXII less deserving of a perfect score than Nintendogs.

Soriku said:
Famitsu review scores are based on the hype of the community so the review itself isn't...worth taking much note of but I guess it's a (really small) sample of the hype in Japan about the game (which, from the score, seems OK but not anything great).

It's getting harder and harder to trust game reviewers.  Especially since GI do a similar thing with reviews(based score on how they think their audience will enjoy it)

Seihyouken said:
ssj12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

What I find unbelievable is that SmokedHostage would attempt to discredit Famitsu by bringing up the fact that they gave a perfect score to Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is pretty much undisputed as being one of the best games this generation, if not of all time, yet he doesn't bring up the fact that Famitsu game a perfect score to Nintendogs, which is obviously ridiculous.

I can't help but wonder what kind of taste in games SmokedHostage has when he considers MGS4 or even FFXII less deserving of a perfect score than Nintendogs.

Oh and they gave Super Smash Bros. Brawl a perfect score and I don't believe it deserves it.  The thing is.. what did MGS4 bring to gaming that wasn't already done?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Seihyouken said:
ssj12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

What I find unbelievable is that SmokedHostage would attempt to discredit Famitsu by bringing up the fact that they gave a perfect score to Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is pretty much undisputed as being one of the best games this generation, if not of all time, yet he doesn't bring up the fact that Famitsu game a perfect score to Nintendogs, which is obviously ridiculous.

Oh and they gave Super Smash Bros. Brawl a perfect score and I don't believe it deserves it. The thing is.. what did MGS4 bring to gaming that wasn't already done?

im not so sure thats a good way to look at review scores. Not everygame NEEDS to bring something new to gaming. Whats important about MGS4 is that it delivered in an amazing way to its genre and damn near perfected everything MGS series offers....from a game that has many sequals thats remarkable.....it delivered and exceeded whats expected in the genre.

Not everygame needs to "Bring something new to gaming" some games can just perfect what they are and MGS4 is the epitome of that, imo.

steverhcp02 said:
SmokedHostage said:
Seihyouken said:
ssj12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

What I find unbelievable is that SmokedHostage would attempt to discredit Famitsu by bringing up the fact that they gave a perfect score to Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is pretty much undisputed as being one of the best games this generation, if not of all time, yet he doesn't bring up the fact that Famitsu game a perfect score to Nintendogs, which is obviously ridiculous.

Oh and they gave Super Smash Bros. Brawl a perfect score and I don't believe it deserves it. The thing is.. what did MGS4 bring to gaming that wasn't already done?

im not so sure thats a good way to look at review scores. Not everygame NEEDS to bring something new to gaming. Whats important about MGS4 is that it delivered in an amazing way to its genre and damn near perfected everything MGS series offers....from a game that has many sequals thats remarkable.....it delivered and exceeded whats expected in the genre.

Not everygame needs to "Bring something new to gaming" some games can just perfect what they are and MGS4 is the epitome of that, imo.

Could you be more specific please.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Seihyouken said:
ssj12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

What I find unbelievable is that SmokedHostage would attempt to discredit Famitsu by bringing up the fact that they gave a perfect score to Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is pretty much undisputed as being one of the best games this generation, if not of all time, yet he doesn't bring up the fact that Famitsu gave a perfect score to Nintendogs, which is obviously ridiculous.

Yet he doesn't own none of those games, nor a Sony console matter of fact! Hint, Hint! 

Also He used Haze and Lair as examples of bad games! Who could have guessed it?

I wanted to be one of the animals too. I'm not as interested in this game anymore. (if they try to release it at more than $40, that is)

SmokedHostage said:
Seihyouken said:
ssj12 said:
SmokedHostage said:
RolStoppable said:

What I find unbelievable is that SmokedHostage would attempt to discredit Famitsu by bringing up the fact that they gave a perfect score to Metal Gear Solid 4, a game that is pretty much undisputed as being one of the best games this generation, if not of all time, yet he doesn't bring up the fact that Famitsu game a perfect score to Nintendogs, which is obviously ridiculous.

Oh and they gave Super Smash Bros. Brawl a perfect score and I don't believe it deserves it.  The thing is.. what did MGS4 bring to gaming that wasn't already done?

Read the reception.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_4:_Guns_of_the_Patriots