By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamespot reviews Too Human: 5.5

badgenome said:
JaggedSac said:
kingofwale said:
dolemit3 said:
Considering the recent drought of games on the 360, I'm still buying it.

why? why would you want to encourage developers to make lackbuster games with HUGE budgets??

What is lackbuster?

Halfway between lackluster and a blockbuster.

LOL.  Makes sense in this case.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
badgenome said:
JaggedSac said:
kingofwale said:
dolemit3 said:
Considering the recent drought of games on the 360, I'm still buying it.

why? why would you want to encourage developers to make lackbuster games with HUGE budgets??

What is lackbuster?

Halfway between lackluster and a blockbuster.

LOL. Makes sense in this case.

5.5 is "halfway"? ;)

people are being way too generous nowaday.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Well all Games can't be great but 360 Gamers have a lot of other Quality Titles to look foward to. * Looks Jealously at Fable 2 :/ *

I predicted the game would settle in the 70-80 range on Metacritic about a year ago.

I wasn't expecting it to recieve some truly awful scores though. Especially considering the game probably had a pretty big budget and given the devs previous track history.

I suppose the Lair and Haze fiascos have truly taught us some things about the gaming industy: even a reputable studio with a strong publisher can produce a shambles of a game.

Did someone mention Haze?

Oh well, I knew this game would turn out like Haze...So much hype.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
There are further idiosyncrasies to note, including awkward camera angles and the occasional glitch (for example, doors that won't open when you approach them, but open if you leave and return). These and other issues don't make Too Human a bad game, but they make it a disappointing one that revs its engine only to come to a screeching halt moments later. When that engine kicks into full gear, the slicing and dicing can be surprisingly enjoyable. Sadly, these moments are too few and far between, making Too Human stand out as a perfect example of awesome but unrealized potential.

that line bugs me when you consider the score they gave.  reviews shouldn't be influenced by the hype around it.

I think it means that with a little of tuning, the game could have been good, that the concept is good but the flaws bring it down, thus making it disappointing

Anyone still defending the game now?

Too Crap is a no-brainer for a no-buy!

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Another Haze...

Anyway, Xbox 360 owners, just be patient, we will get Fable 2 that looks awesome this Christmas.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Well wheres the balance in the universe if Too Human didn't get Haze like reviews?

LAIR's revenge for all the BULL-FUCKING-SHIT that the ps3 and fans endured last year.

The game has been in development forTEN YEARS on THREE different console spanning THREE generations. this game was destined to be garbage nothing left to do but watch the damage control and the sales.

Still unlike merciless 360 fans last year I still think the 360 is a quality system wiht an excellent library of gmaes and a release list that make me as a PSWii owner wet my pant in envy.

Let this be a lesson to everyone the Hype train derails sometime, Payback is a Bitch and Tela Tequila is a living spawn of Genital Herpes!

Good night and Gooday