By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Gen JRPG Breakdown

Wow there are some games I'm interested in on the Xbox 360! I think Eternal Sonata looks amazing! I love the art style and the story seems quite interesting. Oh and I love the music in it! XD

Around the Network

PS3 at the top, 360 a close second.

Nothing can touch FF13 and Versus as far as quality goes.

lolita said:
Wow there are some games I'm interested in on the Xbox 360! I think Eternal Sonata looks amazing! I love the art style and the story seems quite interesting. Oh and I love the music in it! XD

Looking foward to that as well. probably more than any other JRPG this year (hope it comes out EU this year). I am glad it is dual audio aswell. If you watch it in japanese with subs you might recognise a familar voice .

For me by default if FF XIII is exclusive PS3 then it will be my number one. 360 has some very nice stuff coming too though (Blue Dragon) and Eternal Sonata. Wii's got FF CC but I am hoping I'll like it more than the GC one which I tried out and wasn't too big on...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Anyone knows how much does Microsoft pay too Mistwalker for all of those exclusives?

Around the Network
I'm a big JRPG fan since the late PS1/N64 era. Last generation a PS2 was pretty much guaranteed, and a Gamecube was also a must for Tales of Symphonia alone. (Fire Emblem and Baten Kaitos also helped in my decision JRPG-wise.) I totally skipped the Xbox.
However, this generation around, it seems that (up 'till now) JRPGs are a little too evenly spread out. I don't like it. The Wii is going to get the most JRPGs (looking at Japan sales...it'd be fanboyish not to admit otherwise) and hence probably the best ones. I already own a Wii so that's fine. The JRPGs will most likely be announced at this TGS.
But there's a problem: I must decide which to get first: a PS3 or a Xbox 360. The first is more likely the PS3 for all the great JRPGs already announced (Final Fantasy XIII and Folklore). But Xbox 360 looks (in contrast with its predeccessor) tempting for Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon, among other JRPGs that Mistwalker will eventually make. There's a possibility that I'll have all 3 of the consoles at the end of the generation, but deciding which one to get first is a pain. Ckmlb's list, while interesting (good job), doesn't help me at all, because it leaves me at the same point: The JRPGs for both of those consoles are both tempting and high-quality.

diegomoroco777 said:
Anyone knows how much does Microsoft pay too Mistwalker for all of those exclusives?

Probably not too much since Sakaguchi isn't the biggest Nintendo fan and he hates Sony, well Kutaragi to be more precise.