By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Global Console Availablity

Yeah, I'm living in Israel and was trying to find a Wii, from anywhere, that would cost me less than $400, until about mid-January when I realized I barely have enough money for rent and tuition. Went to a games store and asked them about Wii, and the guy who *owned* the place said he couldn't get one, even for his own personal use. I don't know how you Hong Kongians do it.

Around the Network

fishamaphone said: I don't know how you Hong Kongians do it.
It's quite simple, really. Hong Kong by itself doesn't produce much of shit to show for. Essentially, everything is imported, parallel or otherwise. As an example, I buy imported Australian milk that costs me less than USD1.00 (yep, that's a buck) when buying locally-made milk would cost me USD3.50. There are no import or sales taxes here, so nobody gives a shit if it's a parallel or not. All they care about is a) good quality? b) looks nice? c) cheap? if so, you've got a deal. That's how the HK consumer economy is really driven here - supply and demand. Probably the best example of a working free market capitalism compared to all the other countries I've been to in my life. And yeah, you get spoiled here with so much gaming goodness

TheSource said: Sweeden[/quote]

robjoh said: Sweeden? Two e?
Jag hittade en annan fel också, Finland måste kallades Fin Land. Nej, men varför kallar ruotsalaiset vårt landet "Fin land"? Avundsjukhet?

Yulegoat said: TheSource said: Sweeden
robjoh said: Sweeden? Two e? Jag hittade en annan fel också, Finland måste kallades Fin Land. Nej, men varför kallar ruotsalaiset vårt landet "Fin land"? Avundsjukhet? [/quote] Får nog erkänna att din svenska var lite svår läst, men ja inte är jag avundsjuk på ert hockey landslag i alla fall (för övrigt, borde vara: Jag hittade ett annat fel också, Finland måste kallas Fin Land...) Men annars var det bra. Jag antar att du är en av stackarna som blev tvingad att lära er Svenska i skolan...(inte dags att gå över till engelska istället?).

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

robjoh said:Jag antar att du är en av stackarna som blev tvingad att lära er Svenska i skolan.
Sex år med svenska, alltför long tid. Btw. there's an interesting country at the top of group A in the qualifying campaign of Euro 08: http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grupp_A_i_kvalspelet_till_Europam%C3%A4sterskapet_i_fotboll_2008

Around the Network

Nice Finland in spot number one...but it is barley. Look at group F instead there you see Sweden in a nice five point lead ;) But I must say that I am surprised that Finland is in the lead haven't seen your country as a great football nation. Hopefully you will remain their so sweden can beat you

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Some groups have skillful soccer countries to beat, some don't. Wednesday 28 March 2007: Northern Ireland vs. Sweden That should be tough for Sweden

Frankly, I only like baseball...so to get back on topic and ignore Soccer (or Football as Europeans call it...).. How many countries are Wii, PS3, and 360 currently available in (ignore imports, focus on countries where the console has officially launched)? Since I put my first post up, I realized that Wii must be available in other countries as well because it is available in South Africa. 360 is available in India besides N.A., S.A., Europe, Japan and Australia. Just having a final list of where everything is available would be very usefull.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

NO argentina

THE SOURCE: the wii hasn`t oficially launched in south america . i know because i live in argentina and i have friends from other south american countries. And it is COLOMBIA not COLUMBIA.