By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the big deal with Online play?

not all games work online. it depends a lot on the concept of the game.
games that were designed with online play will have elements that fits online.

keep in mind that the development cost isn't the same when you have both single and online play.
if you split your resources, the outcome will not be as good if it was focused.

then again, if the project has enough money to split between the 2, it's all the good for consumers.

personally, i prefer online play on the PC and the consoles to multiplayers offline.

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

You get motion sickness from playing regular videogames? Well that sucks...but online games aren't going to look any different from offline games...

yeah, i do.  yeah, it does suck; like, i liked civ a lot, but the RTS games like age of empires give me motion sickness quite badly so even though those are the kind of games i know i would like i never ended up playing them.  i stuck to turn-based or psued turn-based games like europa universalis.

yeah, online games aren't gonna look much different.  but at least there's the extra justification to just get through it, half an hour or something for the sake of laughs.  

which is why the DS is great--all these great games in 2D!  

the Wii is an epidemic.

Legend11 said:
night said:
td>

Ping times vary a lot but I really can't see what the big deal is, since FPS require very quick reaction times as well.

so there is lag? =( fighters require a bit more than just quick reaction times... hard to pull off any precise combo with lag (such as using frc in ggxx which requires frame rate execution) this is a problem with online ds fighters as well, such as bleach and jump superstar... oh well. maybe there just isnt a market for online fighters...