By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBiGPlanet to reach 10mil + lifetime sales?

take a zero off the amount and you will probably be nearer the mark

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network

The PS3 has only had 6 games to sell more than 2 Million units of which all were 'Mature', were heavily advertized and were some of the highest rated games of the year ... I think that the further away from 1 Million units you get with your prediction the more unrealistic it becomes for this game.

IMO Little Big Planet will sell 5-10 mil. Of course a big intro factor is obveously going to be the neccesity of a huge marketing campaign. But if this game is indeed going to be as monumentally sensational as people are thinking the biggest factor in selling this game can be summed up in three words "Word Of Mouth". The first people experience the game, tell all their friends who knows this game could still be selling strong persay months after release. I believe the legs of this game will be collasal. Little Big Planet could indeed be the playstation brands next Grand Turismo or Final Fantasy in terms of success. After all Sony intends to make Sackboy and Little Big Planet the new face of the Playstation brand. Who the hell knows whats going to happen, I for one am extremely curious.

chasmatic12 said:
The biggest thing that this game has going for it (yes, even bigger than what the game is about) is sackboy. He's cute and he's the new 'face' of the PS3. That's what'll draw the casuals in. It's going to take a breach into the casual market to break 10 million.

It would take a breach in the casual market to make half that.

around 5 probably

10 only if its get as popular in the comming years, meaning its userbase its active and continue espanding it.

and sony continue to update the tools and DLC.

Around the Network

i hope it does, but its not gonna happen.

maybe it will do 5-7 million.

It will be bundled for sure - 10 mill is still probably too much though.

twesterm said:
  1. No, I think it will be lucky to reach 1 million in the first year and 1.5 lifetime.

Do you want to bet on that twesterm.  If it goes above 1mil in the first year, i get to choose your Avatar for 1month, and if it goes above 1.5mil for the first 16months then i get to pick your sig for 1 month aswell.  Of course if it fails to make these numbers then you have control of my Avartar and sig for 1month.  And we go off sold to retail numbers if available.  Are you up for it

the only Playstation game that will hit 10 million is Gran Turismo 5

6 million maybe, 10 million? only if pS3 has its 10 year cycle

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia