By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - HOLY.... The first Xbox360 Jasper failure!

The new Xbox360 60 gb fails as a space heater, well not if you're a closet Xbox 360 fan. It just won't put out enough heat to keep the toes of gamers toasty and warm this winter. Im glad that I have my Falcon blowing a nice stream of warm air on my toes when it gets all frosty outside, so I feel kinda happy that I "jumped in" before they killed that amazing feature.

All you'll be getting from your 60gb Xbox360 this winter is a rather mild 38.8C or 100F breeze, not much better than wrapping your toes around a 100W bulb and the only advantage the Xbox360 has over the bulb is that you won't be getting a crispy burning smell coming from your socks.

Linkie

DVD playback (Ducktales DVD)
                      Volts   Amps   Watts   VA    PF
PS3 40GB    117.3   1.27   148W    149   .99
360 60GB    110     1.25    81W    138   .59
360 20GB    110?    1.72   111W    189?  .59

Gaming (PS3 Resistance, 360 Gears of War)
                       Volts   Amps   Watts   VA    PF   Temp
PS3 40GB    117.3   1.27   142W    149   .95
360 60GB    112.4   1.52   101W    171   .59  38.8C
360 20GB    112.4   2.40   160W    270   .59

Folding                               ----Temp----
                                       Watts  1hr    8hr
PS3 40GB                       157    49.1C  54.2C
PS3 40GB (w/screen saver)      132

As you can see the Xbox360 is emiting a pathetic amount of heat in comparison to the 40gb PS3, im glad Sony got the heat output right. The Xbots are gonna try and spin this and say stuff about reduced hardware failure, bla bla bla. Its all a pathetic attempt to turn peoples attention away from the very real issue of frost bite. Hardware can be replaced, but I dare any one of you to say that you can "grow it back" if the doctor has to cut it off due to frost bite.

Bah, Troll away... I don't care!

Tease.

Around the Network

ps3s are hotter than the older xbox360s anyways

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:

Thats why they're better!

Tease.

MrBubbles said:

they maybe be hotter but they can cope with that kind of heat without dying on you every 6 months like my xbox

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

WHY YOU SON OF A.......oh wait.....

Carry on.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I guess this means that the 360 sales for Greenland and Canada should decline rapidly then?
And that the warmer countries will now embrace it more, because the box can stand being used in that climate now?

I don't think the Jaspers are out yet. The reduced temp is likely due to the re-positioning of the memory chips (remember Ben Heck's analysis?).

So, yeah, who knows, maybe the Jaspers will be even worse than a 100W bulb.

If they can get average power consumption under load below 100w, they should be able use a smaller PSU, smaller fans/cooling system and a smaller chassis as well.

Maybe there will be a chassis revision once the integrated CPU/GPUs go into production.

And yet the PS3 doesn't melt when subjected to a small amount of heat and cures cancer...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Reasonable said:
And yet the PS3 doesn't melt when subjected to a small amount of heat and cures cancer...

Funny you should mention that... You've had 3 PS3 breakages right? Do you also fold @ home? Thats been the main usage of my PS3 and its broken twice and i've also heard of a corelation between folding and PS3s breaking down.

Tease.